Lr4 Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brjp1

Reaction score
I just went ahead and bit the bullet on OEM rotors from FCP Euro. They are a bit more expensive there than elsewhere, but they stand behind a "lifetime warranty," which for them means you can buy new rotors however many miles from now, send in your old, gouged up ones, and they'll refund you the money you paid on the new ones.

It's a calculated risk on my part believing I'll have my LR4 that much longer, but right now I feel that I will. For as often as the LR4 needs new rotors, it seemed like a safe option.

Interestingly, the cheapest option for OEM rotors seems to be Merriam Land Rover, which is here in the KC area. Come to find out, however, they they can't sell parts to anyone who lives in their area for anything other than the retail price. They claim it's a "federal rule," but, as an attorney, I can tell them that I'm aware of no such federal rule. It's more likely a Land Rover rule.

Yes I don't understand the rule with Land Rover Merriam. I live in KC as well and they just won't sell to me at a discount. It's ridiculous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I don't understand the rule with Land Rover Merriam. I live in KC as well and they just won't sell to me at a discount. It's ridiculous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you should ask them if they can "ship" to KC if the sell to address if out of state. I've gotten around this scenario before using a different sell to address.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should ask them if they can "ship" to KC if the sell to address if out of state. I've gotten around this scenario before using a different sell to address.

From what they told me, the ship-to address has to be outside of a few-hundred mile radius from the dealership, give or take. I'm assuming it's the same territories they use for new vehicle sales. Here, that territory would include portions of both Kansas and Missouri.

brjp1

Reaction score
From what they told me, the ship-to address has to be outside of a few-hundred mile radius from the dealership, give or take. I'm assuming it's the same territories they use for new vehicle sales. Here, that territory would include portions of both Kansas and Missouri.

They told me the address has to be outside of KS and MO.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They told me the address has to be outside of KS and MO.

yeah, I just completed my order earlier this week and it said ship to address must match bill to address. So, probably not worth it to have it sent to your relatives in Chicago (or where ever) and have them send to you...Bummer that you can't get parts there at the same price.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry I should have qualified: They do not make a front for years of LR4. When I last replaced fronts for my LR4 about 2 years ago there were none. Is this recent? Not sure if there is a difference between 2010-2012 but not listed?

How is the brake feel with these? The Akebonos I am running on my ridgeline have been clean and quiet but they definitely do not have the bite of the Land Rover.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thanks for posting the link to them - i thought i was dreaming or going crazy as i cld have sworn i saw them

Jean Jean Gilles

Reaction score
Follow up...

Caliper pins checked OK but were lubed anyway. Ended up lathing the front rotors and shimmy was gone (!). Mechanic recommended to take it smooth 1st 50 miles (I'll do 100 rather). Disappointed with Brembo (front) rotors :( . Any rotor recommendations besides original (and expensive) LR parts?

I have similar Brake trouble with my LR4, despite of using only LANDROVER approved parts, Rotors and Pads and the vehicle is only serviced by LANDROVER. It seems like brakes have to be changed at every 25 k miles. It is costly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM