Lr4 Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys! Will keep Zimmerman in mind for next rotors change.

jdfrey3715

Reaction score
After market slotted and drilled disc with ceramic pads now have about 40k on them and going strong and no dust on wheels.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OKay, 24 month service complete at JLR of Tacoma. Fair price and quick service. With 22k miles, the front pads have 5% left and the rear pads have 15% left.

I ask about the rotor specs and was told, "the tech did check the rotors and they were slight above replacement spec so depending on your personal feelings you may be able to do a pad swap"

The full meal deal for front and back was over $2100. That's a new set of rims and tires I've been eyeing for my Burb, so I'm doing this myself. I'm going to lift it this weekend and mic the rotors to check against specs for my own comfort. My question is, any of you do pad swaps without rotors? If so, do you replace the wear indicators? I will go with OE pads, is Atlantic British the best place on price?

Pad swap looks super easy. I did at least 5 pad swaps on my Cayenne S and two rotor swaps, so this shouldn't be much different.

Thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can re-use your old wear indicators if they have not gone off yet.

Pad replacement is pretty easy. It's not too much more difficult to replace the rotors, though.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can re-use your old wear indicators if they have not gone off yet.

Pad replacement is pretty easy. It's not too much more difficult to replace the rotors, though.

Thanks. I'm going just replace the pads. No sense in spending another $400 when I don't need to. I am wondering where the best place to get OE pads for this would be? Anyone have suggestions on best price.

Thanks

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd guess either atlantic british or land rover merriam would have the best price on OE pads.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Capture.PNG
I was not happy with the brake feel using ceramic pads (less bite). They do however keep your wheels cleaner. Pad swap is super easy but do take the time to clean and re grease your caliper pins. Also it is not a bad idea to swap the rubber grommets on the pin either. Also keep in mind which pin goes where. The rubber grommet is only on one of the pins and LR is specific about which pin has it (leading vs trailing).

The grommets are the bottom two in the link.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3054816&cc=1445215&jsn=372

Last edited:

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can someone save me from reading 24 pages? what is the preferred pad/rotor combo once the oem stuff is done? on my full size RRs i use hawk ceramics or akebonos.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM