Lr4 Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes Atlantic British have better prices in their Amazon storefront than through their website. I bought the plastic retainers for the fender liners and hitch cover from Amazon, cheap knockoffs, they seem fit for purpose. For more critical parts I got to FCPEuro, Atlantic British, and sometimes I just buy from my local dealer.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked on Ferodos website and according to the parts catalog, I put rear LR3 brake pads on my LR4.

At least I have the proper front brake pads on.

I bought them from Amazon which I won’t be buying car parts from anymore, for the most part. Amazon says the front brake pads are rear brake pads, and says the rear LR3 pads fit the LR4. I’ve heard a lot of counterfeit parts cycle through on Amazon too, so no more.
Yea Amazon sucks. Called my dealer and they said $197 for just rear pads and I laughed at them.

Scored a set of NOS Wagner thermo-quiet semi-Metallic pads (made in the USA!) for $21 from advance. So now I have both styles, and I’ll see what comes off on Friday.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I paid about $170 for my rear pads from the dealer, it was better than their quote to replace the rear pads for $1200 - no rotors, just pads.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 13 had the newer style (more pad surface area) pads.

Got my every last mile out of the fronts
IMG_4181.jpeg

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to discount what anyone has shared so far but my experience is anytime I deviate from OEM, I am disappointed.
The parts, despite the marketing mumbo jumbo never live up to the component they replace. Brakes is an example…
Firstly, low dust = poor stopping performance.
Fancy rotors = poor braking performance AND shorter lifespan.
I’m happy to pay more if the component is ACTUALLY better. But in all these years… I’m just tired of being burnt.
Cheers All.
Guy.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m glad that’s your experience. Certainly isn’t mine on the xjr.

Wasn't my experience either. They simply didn't have the bite, feel or power of a more "traditional" ie. messy pad. I run akebono ceramic on my ridgeline but the brakes suck on that rig anyhow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo