LR4 Camera System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's too bad, because if/when they work the cameras are really pretty cool, and the side mirror ones especially can be quite useful off road (you can see exactly where your front tires and doors / side panels are, it's like having an extra spotter on tight corners.) The two front cameras are a bit of a waste though in my opinion, they would have gotten the same result - and reduced cost and complexity - by just installing a single one in the center of the bumper. As they are right now, the two front bumper cams show pretty much the same image.

Last edited:

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in for cameras again. I still enjoy the Rover, but this is getting a bit ridiculous...

jameswalkertx

Reaction score
I just took my new 2013 LR4 home and the camera does not work at all. Black screen!!

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so blue screens gone (for now again). Cameras still flicker. Anyone else having the flickering issue? I'll see if I can get a video up.

My LR4

Reaction score
Will end up by another blue screen too , have the dealer change the filters if they didn't do so already , outing a video up isn't helping your issue , I did that when my audio failed completely from Bluetooth , DVD, CD, SAT, Radio but still didn't help , wish you the best of luck with your LR4 , I owned couple of them till my 2012 LR4 that been in service for 18 times in 14 Month .

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They already said they put in the max filters they can put. This was the 4-5 time I've brought it in for camera issues in 8 months of ownership...

And I just got the blue screens again when I went to lunch. Had another call in to my service advisor and left him a VM. Waiting for him to return my call.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in again. Getting ridiculous. They opted to keep in for 2-3 days for testing this time.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it appears that my dealership will be replacing 4/5 of the cameras. It'll be a few days driving the loaner I guess...

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Getting frustrating. 4 cameras replaced. Still "flickering" but no blue screens. Brought it back in yesterday and the tech basically said (not in so many words) you bought an LR4... It's not a full size Range. There's a difference between them.

Yes I understand that the Range is the high end of the line, but an LR4 isn't really chump change either. They're telling me that I'm the only one that has ever brought up the concern of flickering cameras and that they never heard or seen it before. And they're saying the cameras are only used for a parking aid and not to be used while moving??? But if I'm parking and making adjustments, or I'm offroading and want to keep the LR4 from smacking into a boulder wouldn't I be driving / moving.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Getting frustrating. 4 cameras replaced. Still "flickering" but no blue screens. Brought it back in yesterday and the tech basically said (not in so many words) you bought an LR4... It's not a full size Range. There's a difference between them.

Yes I understand that the Range is the high end of the line, but an LR4 isn't really chump change either. They're telling me that I'm the only one that has ever brought up the concern of flickering cameras and that they never heard or seen it before. And they're saying the cameras are only used for a parking aid and not to be used while moving??? But if I'm parking and making adjustments, or I'm offroading and want to keep the LR4 from smacking into a boulder wouldn't I be driving / moving.
I am sorry to hear your camera issues are still going on - that really sucks! I don't have the Vision Assist feature (I specifically did NOT want it), so I can't check on mine. I can tell you that the loaner with Vision Assist I had a couple months ago did have some slight flickering on screen - I thought it was odd, but chalked it up to it being an abused loaner car.

I think the tech's excuse of the LR4 not being a full-sized Range Rover is pretty stupid, as I have heard of Range Rovers having the exact same problem with the cameras. I think it's just an excuse because they can't figure out what is wrong.

Have you involved LR USA?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72