LR4 chicago blizzard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far i must say that my LR4 is plowing through this stuff very easily. Got stuck only once goofing around while turning in deep snow.......I then disabled DSC--was out it less than 10 seconds!!

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update:
got stuck...i tried to drive through a 3 1/2 "foot" drift, and stuck i was. Think i bit off more than i could chew there!!! Even with the lr4 on its ultra high setting, i had to dig out.
Other than that, i have driven through this stuff in remarkable ease...spooky easy. Stock tires...nothing special. Cars stuck everywhere...i just keep on going without even a slip. Impressive.

Last edited:

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update:
got stuck...i tried to drive through a 3 1/2 inch drift, and stuck i was. Think i bit off more than i could chew there!!! Even with the lr4 on its ultra high setting, i had to dig out.
Other than that, i have driven through this stuff in remarkable ease...spooky easy. Stock tires...nothing special. Cars stuck everywhere...i just keep on going without even a slip. Impressive.

A 3 1/2 inch drift? LOL, did you mean feet?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3 performed flawlessly, plowed through all conditions with ease. Took it out last night about 10 p.m. drove to Lakeshore Drive to witness the full fury of the wind (was 40 mph). Lakeshore was blocked but I went up and down inner drive (parallell to Lakeshore). I tried to take pictures but you couldn't see 20 feet past the headights, I've never seen wind, snow, and lighting all at once. We had "thundersnow".

Went out this morning with my flip video player mounted to the drivers side (USA) mirror, took a few videos. We only saw about 10 total cars on the road besides us (saw a few RR and another LR3). The videos aren't all that action packed as the LR3 goes right through the conditions, but the 2nd video (at 42 seconds) shows the wind and snow power as we are facing Lakeshore drive as we start out (Superior St. and inner Lakeshore)

Driving towards Lakeshore Drive: YouTube - Video 11

Driving from Lakeshore Drive to Lincoln Park: YouTube - Video 12 trimmed

NaraBronzeLR4

Reaction score
How'd you mount the flip to the mirror? How did the flip do in the snow (no waterproofing?)

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap clamp mount I bought off ebay. I clamped it to the top lip of the mirror and pointed the flip player towards the front. Flip player was fine as most of the snow bounced off, but there were parts of the video where you can see I had to brush the lens off from snow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM