Lr4 oil level meter capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just removed my like” above as the more I think about it, I check all my fluids twice a week (my father would have had me do it every time I took the vehicle out) I always look for any puddles on the garage floor and I do not trust the dummy lights.

No, I don’t need a dummy light for low oil levels.

I’m afraid I do not know the context of the question above. I will assume its about the oil change:
The Passport to Service book lays out a best case scenario essentially the vehicle is driven and cared for like a baby and only in the cleanest of suburb environments at 15000 kms (or 10,000 mi) or 1 year. They have since changed that to a more aggressive schedule. Like many others, I’m old school and change it every 5000 kms (a little over 3000 mi)
The Owners Manual states
1. check oil level weekly.
2. There is a Service Level indicator on the Message Centre.

The only thing Land Rover doesn’t provide is a nagging wife stating “would you get your fr*&$#@‘,! vehicle serviced already” or a slap everytime you enter the vehicle for neglect ;)

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the 2010s at least the recommended oil/filter change interval was 24k kms (15k miles) or 1 year.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the 2010s at least the recommended oil/filter change interval was 24k kms (15k miles) or 1 year.
2016 SCV6 is 16K miles (26k km.), or 1 year, and assumes using the LR designer 'extended performance' oil, or something similar like Castrol Edge 'extended'...likely the same stuff and claims good for 20k . SMH, asking for trouble.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72