LR4 real world pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesnt look good, but I bet it feels nice. I think that is how the upgraded leather package wheel looks on the LR3 today. This is a retro fit, but you get the idea:

DSC03180-resized.jpg

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I meant was I'm sure the final production version will have the smooth leather airbag to match the new smooth steering wheel.....

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesnt look good, but I bet it feels nice. I think that is how the upgraded leather package wheel looks on the LR3 today. This is a retro fit, but you get the idea:

DSC03180-resized.jpg
What's that orange bubble light down where your right knee goes?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure. Not my Disco3. I was just ******* after the steering wheel. It looks to be wired for just about everything! I SOOOO wish my stereo buttons were on the opposite side (near window).

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so one "improvement" they made was removing 2 great storage areas, the rubber pad in front of nav screen and the large area at base of instruments which is now the terrain selector. neither of which are really replaced anywhere else - and they reduced the depth/usable area of the space above the upper glove box...? just great - idiots.

otherwise the interior looks better.

I swear, if they also reduced the door bin space, they have just created a G wagon customer. and that's from someone who owns a 96 disco, 04 disco, an 07 lr3 and has had a supercharged full size RR. The lr3 was supposed to be the best utilitarian solution, not reduced each successive year with less usable spaces. total BS.

maybe they could also remove the 3rd row storage bins.

V1ct0rylap

Reaction score
Very nice! I would have loved to see more pics of the refreshed interior, but, overall, it looks sharp!

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I would have loved to see more pics of the refreshed interior, but, overall, it looks sharp!

In hindsight, I should have taken a few more pics. You can probably find them elsewhere in the automotive press reviews of the LR4.

I did go back for a 2nd visit later in the day without the camera, got inside, and played a bit with the navi screen and other menus.

snwbrdn

Reaction score
While we're on the subject of the new steering wheel, am I the only one that has struggled to hit the horn in a panic situation? I was so hoping LR got rid of those hard to find in a pinch bars and went to a standard horn in the center of the wheel where the airbag is. I have found myself in situations where someone didn't see me and tries to change lanes right into me and I couldn't hit the horn in time, or I ending up changing tracks on my CD rather than honk at the other nut ready to hit me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112