LR4 Squeek

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjf

Reaction score
I've got a noise coming from what sounds like my passenger door. It is making me nuts. It only happens when I'm going over 50mph.

Background or things I have checked:
Windshield A Pillar trim - I know people have had issues with it. I removed mine and the noise is still there.
Mirror - Figured maybe wind resistance - makes no difference if mirrors are folded.
Hinges - Greased my door hinges. Made no difference.

Any ideas or help is much appreciated. It's making me nuts.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just a guess, but I wonder if your door is not closed snug. There must be an adjustment on the latch for how tightly closed it holds the door and maybe your door is just "loose" enough that it squeaks. To check this theory, have someone pull in on the fixed door handle when the squeak starts. If it goes away, that may lead you to something. If it doesn't, go to a bar... you'll need it. ;)

bjf

Reaction score
This is just a guess, but I wonder if your door is not closed snug. There must be an adjustment on the latch for how tightly closed it holds the door and maybe your door is just "loose" enough that it squeaks. To check this theory, have someone pull in on the fixed door handle when the squeak starts. If it goes away, that may lead you to something. If it doesn't, go to a bar... you'll need it. ;)

I've had people pull the handle while driving. No change.

Mainlander

Reaction score
I had a similar noise. Mine was the tail gate hinges. They were lubricated and the squeaking stopped. To get to the hinges lower tail gate and lift the flap, there's two hinges there.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it be the upper or lower glove boxes, or something rubbing inside either one? Any changes of you drive with both of them open?

bjf

Reaction score
Funny enough I thought my rear seat belts were making noise and it was the rear tailgate. I lubed it last year and that noise went away. I did try the glove box. I was going around the truck today and noticed the trim on the bottom of the passenger door was not clipped in. It was only clipped on the outside but the clips that run the center were all undone. I fixed it. It could be a huge coincidence but considering it is coming from that door at speed this seems like the most likely cause. Will report back when I get it up to speed.

wdgiles

Reaction score
My 2010 does this as well, mostly on long trips and only when we're directly behind a large vehicle or truck with lots of wind turbulence. I was able to briefly stop it by using painters tape on the gap between the plastic faring and the windshield. Eventually I might fill that gap with roofer's cement or some of the goop they use to seal the windshield but it's not my daily driver so it's a back burner kind of project. I feel your pain though, it's really annoying.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72