LR4 suspension work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious what the going rate people are seeing (dealer) for front lower control arms and tie rods. I don't have the time, space or skill (lol) to do myself. Our 4 is around 60k and the LCAs are clanking pretty loudly so going to replace. When I did this on our 3, they lasted to 75-80k and I did the rods at the same time since the parts aren't too expensive and would rather only pay to align it once. Any recent experience? One of the painful parts of owning the car.

Bright side at this point we will have done all of the cooling system/water pump, chain guides and tenioners, and now the major wear items in the suspension. Hopefully we are down to routine maintenance, brakes for a while. Love these things but some brutal costs to get through to keep them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had mine done for the second time this past October. My indy billed me I think 3 hours of labor for LCAs and tie rods; I supplied the parts.

I had my LCAs done the first time in December '17, but one of the ball joints went bad pretty quickly, so I got rid of those LCAs (whatever brand Lucky 8 sells) and got new ones from Atlantic British.

My indy doesn't do alignments, but I have a lifetime alignment package from Firestone, so I took it there.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool that he is good w BYO parts. Another reason not to use the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72