LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the pic from an email from JLR today.

The LR4 stands out but the new LR five will blend in. Very sad indeed.

72217baae06a302015503ee31da58038.jpg

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the pic from an email from JLR today.

The LR4 stands out but the new LR five will blend in. Very sad indeed.

72217baae06a302015503ee31da58038.jpg

This is just the current lineup (including the Discovery Sport that's been available since last year). But it seems increasingly likely that the LR4's successor will be a big design departure.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This would be a mistake. Aside from the more aerodynamic styling--which I do not like, but shelving that for a second--this design looks more or less indiscernible from a Range Rover Sport, and this from someone who knows the ins and outs of the Land Rover lineup.

The general populous has a hard enough time keeping "Land Rover" and "Range Rover" straight as it is; making a vehicle in each brand that look like one-another is a recipe for disaster.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This would be a mistake. Aside from the more aerodynamic styling--which I do not like, but shelving that for a second--this design looks more or less indiscernible from a Range Rover Sport, and this from someone who knows the ins and outs of the Land Rover lineup.

The general populous has a hard enough time keeping "Land Rover" and "Range Rover" straight as it is; making a vehicle in each brand that look like one-another is a recipe for disaster.

Agreed. 100% of people I know have called my car a Range Rover. My closer friends now know better after multiple corrections.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been keeping quite about this for about 4 weeks now but...
I was on a business trip to the UK and part of that trip was to visit JLR at both Castle Bromwich (Saw the new Jaguar XE AMAZING!!) site and the Solihull (Many many
F-Pace's around). It was amazing to say the least. Actually saw them stamping rear doors for the LR4 (nice to see the beginning of our vehicles)
When I was at Solihull I had the pleasure of seeing 3 LR5's being run through production. I only saw them at the body assembly phase, no doors, paint or interior. They are like a large Ford Explorer, but has the JLR touch of elegance about them. I will not make a damning comment just yet, as I did not see the finished product. But as a long time enthusiast, the vehicle does fit the JLR vision of the future.
I also saw numerous test vehicle when in the area of Birmingham though. Many Jaguar and Land Rover Prototypes in "camouflage". One I was certain was the new LR5. Also got to see the Jaguar Ingenium motor being tested in a few of the Range Rover Sports, and Jaguar F-Pace. I have no pictures for obvious reason, but prior to condemning the new LR5 lets see some actual dealer deliverable finished products.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good insight. Would have been a nice visit indeed. Sat in a F-Pace last week. I was thinking it was nice for sure. Larger inside than I imagined.
I walked away thinking I like it better than the last X3 I sat in around '14 MY. MUCH better than an X1. But that comparison is a bit apples to tomato .. FP price rises quick with options. As all premium brands do …not as crazy as a Porsche tho

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to replace one of our 2013 LR4's next year. So far it looks like it will be a new Audi Q7, unless the new Discovery can compete with the technology in the new Q7. Only downside to the Q7 is a 5-month wait after you order one and the lack of a spare tire.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Q7 in my opinion, is too bland now. At least it had a personality in last gen. I'm sure it does now just in different way.

I think I would take the Volvo XC90 over the 7.

I'd keep the '13 :)

Good to have choices in life :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM