LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost ***** #LandRoverDiscovery5 spotted http://bit.ly/1XrD6ks #HotLandRoverAction #LandyLove #LandRoverDiscovery

ClFRDQYWYAAM4TQ.jpg

Discovery07-9-.jpg

Discovery13-13-.jpg

Last edited:

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like they'll continue the use of side badges (notice inset/dimple above the beltline on the rear door) as with the current Discovery Sport. Has LR used side badging on any legacy models?

The tiresome references to Ford Explorer notwithstanding, maybe this is done to minimize confusion when viewed from the side. :)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still saying no tailgate, no return for me... The rear quarter shot makes it appear there is no tailgate... :hmpf:
Ugh, I hope you're not right. If so, I'll still wait and see what they come forward with on the little slide out tailgate promised. Still, the current tailgate is a wide flat platform suitable as a work bench, seat, or bed extention. It'll be tough to beat with some slide out bastardization.

Do you think Ford will sue LR for infringement on Explorer body design? :)

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other thing driving the jelly bean styling is fuel economy and minimizing drag, they're doing everything they can to maximize fleet fuel economy.

I am glad that we have our LR3 and 4, but sad that the distinctive Disco will have run its course later this year. This looks like almost every other bland lifted wagon / crossover. See the new Q7, Passat, Explorer, Highlander, etc...

Will see what the Defender brings, but with no sightings of test mules that I have seen, I expect we won't see that car until late 2018/2019 at the earliest. Anybody else have better info on that?

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. I was just thinking out loud.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cannot be as safe as the LR4 -it does not have those mandatory side safety steps... just sayin'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM