LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look longer than the 4, certainly will have a longer rear overhang (front overhand also appears slightly longer as well). Wonder what that will mean for approach/departure angles? Also curious to see how they will handle the two hitch.

Happy to see the seating flexibility will remain, and have the ability to have more room behind the 3rd row would be most welcome. Will miss the split tailgate, and my prayers that they dump the damn rotary shift know fell on deaf ears...

EDIT: Just watched the video, everybody should have a look. Many new features. They've tried to address the tailgate issue with a integral power folding "inner tailgate" platform to sit on, looks somewhat cumbersome.

For towing, an integral, power fold tow ball, which itself has an integral sensor to measure tongue weight. I want to know if they will offer just a receiver as this seems like a recipe for failure. 3500 kg stated capacity. Dan...?

Approach, departure and breakover angles claimed to be improved over LR4. Improvements to Terrain Response including new auto mode and new traction and stability control.

Overwhelming amount of new tech, hope it is reliable. If so they will have made a major leap over the competition.

Design is growing on me in the video. Claimed 480kg lower chassis weight, total weight likely quite a bit less than that once configured. Def moving the Disco upmarket, should be interesting to see pricing.

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the following:
  • Approach, departure, break over angles
  • Overall length and width
  • Wheel base (length and width)
  • Turning radius
  • Ground clearance at the various suspension setting (side and down the middles)
  • Wheel articulation
  • Engine specs: Cyls, displacement, torque, horsepower, turbo/super charging, etc.
  • Transmission (assuming 8-speed like the newer LR4s)
  • Wheels/tire sizes. (I must admit I like having 285/65R18s on my LC)
  • Trailer towing ratings including max tongue weight and hopefully SAE certified.
  • Length, width and height of cargo area with all seats folded down.
  • How and how well the darn "activity platform" or whatever they call it works.
I'm assuming the Nav/Infotainment stuff and the overall lux/leather stuff won't be less than the current LR4.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got diesel!. Specs are a mixed bag. It is longer and has a longer wheel base and not as good a turning radius. Approach angle is better (better match for the departure angle) but departure and break over not as good. But look at that wading depth! Big improvement.

Nothing on trailer towing at this point. And the cargo area specs I saw seem to be only with the 3rd row stowed.

Couple inches wider. Half inch "shorter".

Ground clearance is shown as "axle clearance" which is interesting on an independent suspension system. But it looks pretty close to what we had "down the center" with the LR4.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72