LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R Hermann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the owner of an '11 Explorer I think it is important to point out the significant differences between the vehicles. Ford had the checklist of "luxury" and off-road items and dutifully ensured that boxes were checked- without giving care to the quality of the products going in or the resulting end product. Yes, the Explorer and Discovery appear to be very significantly alike but I am fairly certain anyone driving them will immediately appreciate the Rover in the Discovery and the lack of refinement in the Explorer.
That said, I still cringe when I see what has happened to the car that used to make me smile.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is this BS?! solicitation spam on the disco 5 thread for a company selling Defender parts in UK ?!!!

4WARD4X4

Reaction score
It is not really spam... But we have workshop and accessories for all kind of Land Rovers

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, however, at very least you posted in wrong section. This is about the upcoming Discovery 5, not Defenders or other older models. Why not post in a more appropriate section as well as do so in proper vendor fashion.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really hoping my LR3 makes it until this LR5 is available...

...still running great, but all the plastic latches and handles are exploding at the same time (center console, glove box, remotes, spring on inside of tailgate lift flap, and I don't like the look of the tailgate electronic button). This truck has gone above and beyond what I would expect of a vehicle, just a few more months!

When do you think LR5s/Discoverys will be available for purchase? What if we factory order? Guess I should ask my dealer...

I'm also still wondering if I should get the 3rd row seat if I order. All the showroom vehicles have it in there. I never use it. I'd love a big storage bin in the footwell instead if they give you one of those instead. The 3rd row is a $0 option this time around which I found odd.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LA Auto show release info said the UK release of the All-New Discovery would be "Spring 2017" and the US release would be "Mid-2017", although AlexR may be correct about May, that is probably the anticipated time that they will not publically commit to until it gets closer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM