LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to respond, catman.

I think you're correct on all counts. I think I got the "manual" confused with a manual seat option, perhaps. I saw it come up somewhere...

The optioning is annoying.
I configured both an SE and an HSE... on both version to get heated seats (which should be standard on a car of this price) you have to buy the $1250 bundle which include heated water jets and heated steering wheel. To be honest, I probably need the "Luxury" climate package at $2250 if I want to get front and rear zone temp control. I guess? I can't tell what is standard. Do I have to get that package to get the additional AC condenser in the rear compartment that I have now? Neither climate package includes the heated windshield, though. ?

I have to buy an additional package if I want to get 4 Low? Is that true?!? They call it "Two-Speed Transfer Case (High/Low Range)" ...again, to not have low range as standard on a LR, I just don't understand.

There is a separate option for the rear locking differential. Or at least there was early today when I looked...now I don't see it. The configurator is a work in progress. It is also all the dealerships currently have to place an order.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I said it ages back in this thread.. it seems to me to get a similarly equipped Discovery as my LR4, I would be forking out nearly 10 grand more. Plus, the capability is questionable and removal of features + massive minivan tailgate just makes this entire truck a miss for me. Waiting to see what the Defender overhaul brings to the table.

crash1121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it drives anything like my Disco Sport loaner, I'll pass......buuuut I would still give it another chance if the SVX version is actually offered.

8389319dc2d71354c05065c86afbfe3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll drive much more like the current Range Rover Sport and Range Rover, since it is based on the same platform. The Disco Sport shares engine and underpinnings with the Evoque.

crash1121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure it will, since it'll weigh 1k lbs more than this. I love me some plush suspension!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone come across more photos?
I still want to see what the GREEN one looks like on an actual car....

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I said it ages back in this thread.. it seems to me to get a similarly equipped Discovery as my LR4, I would be forking out nearly 10 grand more. Plus, the capability is questionable and removal of features + massive minivan tailgate just makes this entire truck a miss for me...
I'm not going to lie...I go back and forth myself.
I want to trust that LR did right by us with the LR3/LR4 and if I trust them, I'll grow to like this vehicle as well. Then I get frustrated with price and options and start looking at used...

...when I look at 2015/2016 LR4s, though, they're going for $50K! And I'd still have to search around to find the color I want with rear locker, tow package and will have to remove that stupid running board and put something else in place. ;) Then I go back to the configurator for the Discovery. See the stupid massive tailgate, and I'm back to considering used...

crash1121

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the brochure, LR will be using Aintree Green, which is on the current models.

d1f18e600edd0cdf7b0b56361c6bc3b1.jpg

...or if you prefer to see a more majestic vehicle wear it:
d29b90bece2ad7b9e037ad21174d12bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really think people even slightly interested in D5 (and are enthusiasts on this forum) should wait and see what the next gen defender line ends up being. It would stink to get a D5 and then find out that the new defender is more functional and LR4 like.

That is where my head is at... but then again I am fairly confident I am keeping my V8 LR4 long term.

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Surfrider77

The exact reason I picked up a well cared for 08 LR3 HSE Lux this summer. Sure it's a tad dated on the infotainment, but LR was never cutting edge or keeping pace with other manufacturers. Fundamentally the 3/4 are the same just the 4 is more luxurious as the 3 is more utilitarian in style. IMHO.

When I had the '13 my friend didn't care for the 4, 'not my cup of tea', fast forward to my recent purchase of the 3, within in 10 minute ride he was 'wow I really this and it's a 2008?' I get all sorts of complements on it and I honestly like it better than the 2 4's I've owned.

Part of it might be its paid for and I've had a great time giving it a few updates from the LR4.

I have a new perforated leather steering wheel from PowerfulUK to install today. Excited about that for sure.

Down side it has 95k on the clock, purchased with 83k in Chicago in August. Case in point, on a recent trip to Fort Myers from Cincinnati with a week stop over in Charleston SC, upon getting in the truck the next day to head to the north part of the island, there was a burning smell coming from the A/C and this metallic rattle coming from 'under' the vehicle. Land Rover Naples got me in same day, Monday evening and the 3 was ready end of day Friday. It ended up being the wheel bearings and A/C went out. Thank goodness for the warranty I purchased. Continental covered all but about $600, I had to pay the difference in labor rates at $25 hr plus my $100 deductible.

Long story short, if I venture into a new Discovery in the future, it will be a CPO diesel more than likey. The current price model is a joke and the lack of standard features from the LR4, ditto.

Now that the LR3 has filled the void of 'missing the big box on wheels', I can focus on locating a prime CPO F-Type to add to my stable.

Speaking of Naples, lots if car candy for sure. Range Rovers, Bentleys, and Astons on the prowl.

Off topic a tad but wanted to share a perspective. I'm a crazy car nut period.

OK, off to replace the struts on the bonnet and get the new steering wheel installed.