LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThamesDitton

Reaction score
I went on a LR experience day recently and the LR4 they provided was really kitted out.

This is much better than a cigar lighter - does anyone know where I can get one?

167f3790bc143b307693a28967e24b2f.jpg

The Land Rover experience were using the LR4 as their rock. supporting all the other LR vehicles, on expeditions to Morocco, Corsica and Spain. Fridge in the boot, spare fuel tank. Special tyres and a warn winch. And this gizmo where the cigar lighter should be for raising and lowering the truck more than the standard settings

I don't know how they will manage with an LR5 instead!

It was a fantastic day out and I learned a lot of neat tricks - you guys probably know them already- for me it was a revelation the LR4 is the only vehicle I will ever need.

Maybe that's the issue - how do you follow such a class act?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like the switch for ANITAS, an aftermarket height controller for LR3/LR4/RRS made by Mudtech 4x4, a European (either Italian or German, could never figure it out) company. Their web site is currently down - not sure if temporarily or forever... I have the LLAMS height controller, which is a similar aftermarket module by an Australian company. Search the forum, as LLAMS in particular has been discussed many times in the past. Here is a thread I started when I moved the module from my old Sport to the LR4 to get you started: http://www.landroverworld.org/threads/llams-height-controller-added.23853/. Both modules are fairly easy to install on your own with basic tools as you will see, although I have no first-hand experience with ANITAS.

I am somewhat surprised that even Land Rover relies on these aftermaket gizmos on their own Experience vehicles... Although they are extremely useful to provide you with extra clearance off road literally at the touch of a button, Be aware that they will probably invalidate your factory warranty - should something go wrong with your EAS.

ThamesDitton

Reaction score
Ok so best to wait for the warranty to expire! Thank you umbertob! What do you think of the velar? 2cm longer than the Evoque and 2cm shorter than the RRS as far as I can see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who knows... Nobody's seen it in the flesh, although I would expect it to be little more than a Jaguar F-Pace clone (it's apparently built on the same platform as the F-Pace), so plenty quick on the road and little or no "real" off-road capabilities aside from being all-wheel drive. We will all find out in a couple of days, I think the world premiere of the Velar is going to be March 1.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is sort of like having 4 navy suits, technically they all have subtle sytling cues that make them different, but to the casual observer they all look pretty much the same. I guess the order totals will ultimately determine if this is the right strategy for LR...

velar-teaser-comparison.jpg

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was driving through Page, AZ and on to Zion National Park this weekend and saw a couple LR5s drive by me going the opposite direction. Then about 20 minutes later another. And then another. Had me wondering what was up. Then on the route just east of the entrance to Zion at a ranch I saw about 10 LR5's lined up together. Even though I'm no longer an LR owner I had to go check it out! People were pouring out of the lodge and getting into LR5s that were running and warming up for them. But one of the gracious Land Rover people took the time to walk me around, show me and answer a few questions.

IMG_0742.jpg

Yep, that's my LC way off in the background ;-)

Neve1064

Reaction score
Were trying to order a first edition Discovery but nobody knows exactly what it comes standard with. Can anyone here tell me? Supposedly it has special badging but the website is not clear about this. I'm also getting conflicting information. For instance, it's not clear if it's an option for the first edition to come with the diesel engine. Also, here at the dealership, they have one on the showroom floor. But the craftsmanship quality is really lacking.
http://vid32.photobucket.com/albums/d27/neve1064/IMG_0959.mp4
This will be our first land rover purchase. We're moving over from BMW. We hope our ownership experience is as good as many people here have mentioned.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was driving through Page, AZ and on to Zion National Park this weekend and saw a couple LR5s drive by me going the opposite direction. Then about 20 minutes later another. And then another. Had me wondering what was up. Then on the route just east of the entrance to Zion at a ranch I saw about 10 LR5's lined up together. Even though I'm no longer an LR owner I had to go check it out! People were pouring out of the lodge and getting into LR5s that were running and warming up for them. But one of the gracious Land Rover people took the time to walk me around, show me and answer a few questions.

View attachment 6938

Yep, that's my LC way off in the background ;-)

Jesus, look how high that liftgate is in the lifted position on the far right truck!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM