LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of today, the LR site lists almost a hundred units available across the US. Mostly Fuji White and Corris Greys, with price range from 68-70k (ouch).

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just saw one in person. canceling my order. all the great seat mobility and functionality in back 2 rows is gone. and now with 3rd row up there is basically no trunk. Such a let down

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just saw one in person. canceling my order. all the great seat mobility and functionality in back 2 rows is gone. and now with 3rd row up there is basically no trunk. Such a let down

LR4 doesn't have any trunk with the 3rd row up either.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has way more than the discovery. The discovery trunk is chopped of completely by 3rd row seats

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is up with these little black notches above each wheel well? I had not noticed it before, but it seems to stand out and look a little strange, especially on the on the white?

2017-land_rover-discovery-1024527182.jpg

2017-land_rover-discovery-1024527187.jpg

Found it! They got that wheel trim from Buick:

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/eight-cool-things-need-know-2018-buick-regal/

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the advice of someone here and browsed a UK forum this weekend to see the pics they're posting of new LR5s. I have to admit, I really liked the look of everybody's new vehicles. They are sharp looking. I think the white looks like an Explorer, but in the other colors, with branding and lights...it's a sharp looking truck.

I was even starting to waiver...maybe I'd get one... then someone posted a picture with that massive tailgate raised, and I went back to my LR4 shopping. :D

I spent about an hour around one last week... something odd about the proportions of the body shell in rear half around door to wheel to windows/roof. The tire diameter is actually larger than stock lr4 I think but it looks weirdly small in the expanse of rear quarter area. And I really hate the angled C pillar and 3rd row window. My LR3 3rd row window "shelf" spaces in summer hold, 2ea side: 24" ridgerest and 3.5" air camp pads, plus 3 person tent and ground sheet behind a simple bungee net strung floor cargo loop to roofline grab handle.

Where's all that **** gonna go in the disco 5?! Where's the 40L fridge gonna go? Sure as hell not in the 2nd row between each outboard seat doubling as a wide center arm rest...

Will my 29" xc Mtn bike roll right in with just front wheel off? Doubt it with the lower ceiling...

I'm just kind of ****** off. I want a truly functional vehicle with the new td6, 8spd, and ventilated damn seats :/

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent about an hour around one last week... something odd about the proportions of the body shell in rear half around door to wheel to windows/roof. The tire diameter is actually larger than stock lr4 I think but it looks weirdly small in the expanse of rear quarter area. And I really hate the angled C pillar and 3rd row window. My LR3 3rd row window "shelf" spaces in summer hold, 2ea side: 24" ridgerest and 3.5" air camp pads, plus 3 person tent and ground sheet behind a simple bungee net strung floor cargo loop to roofline grab handle.

Where's all that **** gonna go in the disco 5?! Where's the 40L fridge gonna go? Sure as hell not in the 2nd row between each outboard seat doubling as a wide center arm rest...

Will my 29" xc Mtn bike roll right in with just front wheel off? Doubt it with the lower ceiling...

I'm just kind of ****** off. I want a truly functional vehicle with the new td6, 8spd, and ventilated damn seats :/

yep totally sucks. if i wanted a volvo suv i would have bought one of those. reducing 2nd and 3rd row functionality and mobility was a dumb move

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72