Miles per Gallon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR3PDXOREGON

Reaction score
I use my LR3 mostly on urban roads with some highway. My gage consistantly reads 13.8 average mpg. Is that about right?

StevenJ_AK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
funny thing is, mine says the same thing! Now I take a lot of road trips (500-1500 miles one way) and on those ill reset my computer and i can usually keep it around 18.2-20.1 mpg but whenever I'm home and going to and from work and out and about, its 13.8. Id say your right about on!

LR3PDXOREGON

Reaction score
Thanks Steven. Funny thing is that is so lame. Not that I don't love my LR, but the poor mileage is a drag. I have never seen my gage go to 18-20mpg on road trips on the highway. Wonder why....

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I keep my foot out of it and just leave it on CC @ 65 MPH, I knock down 22MPG. Hand calculated. Driving from Orlando to Denver, loaded down, and at avg highway speeds of 70+ I was getting 20.1 The altitude and mountain driving has knocked my MPG down a bit. I get about 16.5 in the city and 19-20 on the highway. I do what I can to keep my mileage up. Tire pressure, clean air filter, don't carry around excess junk....

GWDRoverTX

Reaction score
My experience is pretty similar with about 13.5 to 14.0 in town. It can vary since I drive about 18 miles each way on a tollway and the traffic can be stop and go or move pretty good. I took a road trip this past summer from Dallas to Seattle and back and I was pretty pleased with 20.0 to 21.0 going 75+ with the cruise control. Not bad considering the vehicle weight, poor aerodynamics, and 300 hp V8.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems right...gotta pay to drive one, that's for sure. Well worth it!

Sonies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get about 6-10mpg sitting in stop and go real city driving and traffic mostly. Thankfully I don't drive much! I think i last filled up my tank about 3 weeks ago and I still have a quarter left! lol

Highway cruising I got like 20mpg's on my crappy GY tires, I haven't gone on a long cruise yet on my new tires, but i'd expect about the same, if not a little better since the ride is about 1000000x smoother

and really if efficiency and money is your primary concern, you really should NOT be driving this truck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9