Misfire and transmission (2 part question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discomike

Beau,
Are you still trying to figure out your vibration problem?
How many miles on the truck, how often do you servive your trans?
Could be slippage in the valve body or clutch packs caused by lacquer or varnish build up.
Mike J.

C

campbell

Hey Mike...
Yeah the vibration is still there. I am planning on taking it in to have the transmission flushed and a new filter installed. Not sure if this will do the trick but probably needs to be done anyway. I am probably over reacting on the vibration. It is not that bad, just annoying, and I know it shouldn't be there. I wish I had the time to just go through the entire driveline, steering, and suspension to replace anything that is worn.

D

discomike

Beau,
If you serviced the tranny at around 60K and replaced the filter at that time, don't do that again. Just have someone do a complete chemical flush and refill.
One other thought, have you replaced your front drive shaft cardon joints, the ones that attach to the t/case?? They will shake up a storm just before they fail and you have more than enough miles on your truck to **** them. Make sure if they haven't been replaced that you replace them with ones that have zerk fittings so they can be serviced.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM