Mitchell4x4 hitch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update. I installed one last night on my 12hr old truck. Cut the fascia piece after install to fit. Hitch itself is really nice and install took all of 5-10 minutes. Will update on towing characteristics.

Attachments

• IMG_8173.JPG
    IMG_8173.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8172.jpg
    IMG_8172.jpg
    906.1 KB · Views: 47

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, that looks great! I have towed trailers in the past with my LR3 and previous LR4 with no problems, but I tried to use my receiver basket to take some gas cans to be refilled today, and the basket was only about 10-12 inches above the ground with the stock hitch. On my full sized RR's, there were no problems. Where can I buy this hitch in the U.S. and does it really cost $695??? That seems quite high...

Thanks

Last edited:

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mitchell sells direct.

As far as the cost, that is correct depending on the customs expenses. It is pricey but at the end of the day, the most used accessory on your rover you could buy. I can't imagine towing a trailer on putting anything on the LR hitch.
On par with just about any other LR4 accessory on the expense side. I just bought seat covers for all 7 seats....ouch is the cost on those.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the response... I'm definately not afraid of spending money, but that hitch should cost about $200. I have towed my trailer many times with the stock hitch and it tows fine, but it sits very low. I have ordered one of these for when I want to use my receiver basket... If I turn it upside down, it will get the basket up at a decent height

http://www.hitchsource.com/hi-low-hitch-drop-6000-lb-p-29078.html

discotwinturbo

Reaction score
Unfortunately in Australia manufacturers are always asking why Internet sales are running them out of business. Real simple....we charge too much for most things in Australia.

I purchased a Mitch hitch for the following reasons:

1. Better department angle for my offroad camper and
2. Due to the failure of the factory hitches I needed something stronger to tow my 3.5 tonne 7 metre trailer.

But then had to purchase a rapid hitch to go down to the lower height for the big trailer. I purchased from the US as its much cheaper than buying it in Australia....we like to mark things up here.

Brett....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635