MPG Check

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lacarruk1

As LR just bought back my 2005 LR3 HSE and gave me a 2006 LR3 HSE due to bad gas mileage, looking for other folks experience with gas mileage.

List Year, Model, Fuel Octane and City Mileage and HWY Mileage

I.e.

2005 LR3 HSE, 93 Octane, 14mpg City, 18mpg hwy

Since I only have 75 miles on mine at this point, I will need to reply myself in the next week or so....

Thanks

L

lacarruk1

grommet said:

Nothing wrong with staying current. I am sure we have a lot of new owners out there and I am curious how everyone is making out. Give me a little slack. I just had to return my Green Monster (which I loved) for a Bonatti Grey one. I want stats.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but you could just reply to an existing thread. :) You switched to Bonatti Grey? Why not stick with Green? I've seen more '06 Bonatti Greys than any other color lately; very popular... or LR just decided to build more Greys than any other color.

L

lacarruk1

It was either wait 3 months for a Tonga Green with BLACK (rare) or take Grey with black on the lot. I did not want to wait. I still prefer green, but the grey looks distinguished.

A

Amir

hey grommet, actually it would not be a bad idea just to have a thread dedicated to only putting stats in for MPG and nothing more. Sort of like a quick reference guide, and with the parameters that lacarruk1 had indicated. I would also add CITY/HIGHWAY MIX parameter and maybe the state the car is usually driven in as well, so we know the altitude as well. And the name of the thread could just be MPG the way it is so its easy and quick to find...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to do this more formally... use the "Your MPG" EPA web site: https://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do That way you can share your "real world" personal statistics on a wider scale instead of limiting it to a confusing forum thread.

However, MPG results have too many factors... environment, altitude, tire pressure, load weight, driving style, tire type, roof storage, etc.... and can't really be captured accurately without "control."

In a nut-shell, most will get close to EPA City 14/ Highway 18 -- worse or better in respective extreme scenarios -- and "your mileage may vary."

And if you never get over 13 MPG highway on your LR3, you have a broken vehicle. (Like some vehicle ECUs that seem to get "stuck" in transport mode before delivery.)

Last edited by a moderator:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15.0 mpg, avg speed 32.5, temp 40, tires 38psi, 89 octane

A

Amir

thanks roverman.

see grommet, thats all i am saying. I know you are right about other factors involved in getting accurate reading but you know, we just wanna get a quick overall idea, thats it. I mean, it doesn't have to be super accurate or anything. Its just for us technically challanged owners to kinda get a picture that if we are within a ball park or not etc., without having to go else where on another site/forum.

anyways, just got a call from my dealer, my ride arrives tomorrow at the dealership, cant wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JC0976

V6 -15.0 mpg, avg speed City, temp 40, tires 33/36 psi, 93 octane
V6 -17.9 mpg, avg speed 65-70MPH Interstate, temp 40, tires 33/36psi, 93 octane
odo from 1000 to 3500 during trip MI to NY and back

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member