Fuel Economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

gambino

What MPG are yous guys getting with your LR3s ? Thanks

L

luvmylr3

around town 14.5 to 15, on highway 18-19. I have about 3500 miles on the vehicle. It is a 7 seater SE, one of the heavier configurations.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and we (I'm) still doing it...

luvmylr3 what dealership did you buy at? I'd like to call the service department and ask them what "setup" was done wrong that could effect mpg.

I get 12 mpg everywhere...

L

luvmylr3

Sure, thanks for reminding me to followup on this.

Dealer: West Chester Land Rover, Pennsylvania. I have the contact information for the person I worked with in Outlook. If you-send me your email address, I will reply with attached contact info. my email address is [email protected] or you can call my office 800-704-8852 ext 704

When I originally asked them about what they did to improve my gas mileage so much, and he just said they did the dealer prep correctly.

I just called him and pushed some more. He said that the vehicle was not fully out of Transportation Mode. Though when they first did the dealer prep all indications showed that it was. So this time they reconfigured the ECU from the ground up, and researched all Transportation Mode setting making sure all were correctly set out of Transportation Mode.

I asked if it would be ok for you to talk to him direclty. He said it would be ok for you or your dealer's service manager to call him, just reference the problem and my name: Jim Bauer

Hope this helps,
Jim

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jim,

Thanks I fprwarded your message to my guy. I'll let you know...

Scott

B

Beach

Hi everyone, newbie here. I'm averaging about 16 MPG with 2000 miles.

I've seen a lot of talk lately about using acetone as a fuel additive to increase gas mileage. The acetone is added at 2 to 3 ounces per 10 gallons of fuel. Here's the article that has prompted all the talk: http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

I'm not sure about other dealers, but mine gives purchasers oil changes at the 3750 intervals between Land Rovers 7500 intervals. At each oil change, they put in the Land Rover Fuel Conditioner. I'm just wondering if the Fuel Conditioner is mainly acetone (as many are) and if that is why some of noticed better mileage with the LR3's with 3000 to 4000 miles. Perhaps in that range they've had their first oil change and have received the fuel conditioner.

If the fuel conditioner is mainly acetone (or all acetone) and if it doesn't hurt to add it more frequently, maybe we should be looking at acetone which comes at a much lower cost than the fuel additive.

Anybody know anything about Land Rover's Fuel Conditioner?

T

texas911

Just gased up, on the computer it was 14.7 mix of highway/city. Not bad! I don't drive in traffic much.

[email protected]

Reaction score
All. I'm just curious. Why does mileage matter so much? Do we own a Land Rover to save gas? Were they ever considered fuel effecient in the first place? And, lastly, why oh why does anyone who pays $52K for a vehicle even think about sweating a $2.30/gal. fuel charge? Of course, if everone's concern is only eeking out the best performance from these wonderful machines, then I can see the point. Otherwise, it sounds penny wise and pound foolish to me.

By the way. I have a buddy who recently took delivery of a new LR3 HSE with the adaptive head lights. That's probably the most trick piece of hardware that i've seen in a long while. It works beautifully!

Cheers.

Reagan

T

texas911

I personally knew going in not to expect much. What's funny is that car magazines that tested the LR3 noted the poor gas mileage, but never ever do so when they test ultra performance sports cars. The Lamborghini Diable get's 10mpg on a good day. My Porsche only gets 16mpg.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo