Fuel Economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
texas911 said:
I personally knew going in not to expect much. What's funny is that car magazines that tested the LR3 noted the poor gas mileage, but never ever do so when they test ultra performance sports cars. The Lamborghini Diable get's 10mpg on a good day. My Porsche only gets 16mpg.

The Diablo generates a few more horsepower than the LR3 ;-) My Audi gets 6 or so when I'm trackin it.

G

geowgray

gambino said:
What MPG are yous guys getting with your LR3s ? Thanks
I'm getting 13 to 14 on a heavy accelleration day sometimes better. I now have the first 700 miles on it, I broke mine in real easy. Yes I do think the MPG stinks, but I would not trade the truck for anything else..................... So far seems to be the best truck I ever had.... all though I'ts a rolling laptop.

George

B

backpain

Just to beat a dead horse... at 4200 miles and another trip to NYC and back to DC I saw 19.5 mpg's driving home in mixed traffic. Something about driving north, gas mileage is always worse than driving south. I got about 17.3 driving up in the morning and averaged 19 driving home.

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We see an average of 16MPG (wife drives 99 percent of the time) -- which beats my lifetime 996 turbo average by .2 MPG -- and my track 911TT by about 12MPG :)

O

offroadfanatic

Hi everyone i have got a 7 seater HDE discovery 3 and were getting 22.5 mpg arround the town and if we put the caravan on the back we get 16.5 on average the car has almost done 3500 miles

C

Colt45

18.4 MPG on most recent long road trip of 300 miles. It was over flat and gently hilly highway, going 70-75 mph. The vehicle is a fully loaded SE with third row seats, heavy duty, nav, etc, etc - - - everything you can order on an SE except the rear video system (I refuse to have one of these - look out the d$%^n window instead !) 1500 vehicle miles. I was pleasantly surprised.

J

jhartz

I have 4400 miles: so far it has been getting about 15.8 to and from work; and just under 18 on its only long trip. I run in sports mode all the time.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are still having a big problem with this. I've been in contact with a great LR CSR and we think we are very close to having a regional tech look over the truck. On a recent trip from NJ to DC all highway, no stop and start the truck couldn't do better than 13.9 MPG. After we arrived in DC I filled back up and it got 8MPG in city driving. The funny thing is the truck has been put in and taken out of transport twice now and we always get the correct mileage after that happens but only for a few start and stops. I'm talking 19 highway - 16/17 city. But after shutting it off and restarting a time or two it goes right back to where it was.

We've also had a rash of suspension faults this week (about 30) the always reset with a start/stop. Sometimes they returned in a second, sometimes in ten minutes.

My question: What is the ECU and what does it control? If that is the part that is cycled during the transport mode cycle... I think I want a new one?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4