Fuel Economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "ECU" is the "Engine Control Unit", basically the processor that watches/controls your engine. It gathers data from sensors and constantly makes adjustments... how long the fuel injector is open, the most effective spark timing, etc. The ECU can directly impact mileage, emissions & performance.

You would think Land Rover's diagnostic tools would have a clue... Ack! But your behavior is odd... in that it functions effectively initially.

T

texas911

Mine has started to lock into 15-16mpg per computer. Which is surprising as before it would dip to 13 if driven in town only. Now no matter what style driving I'm pegged at 15-16. Is my LR3 finally breaking in? I'm at 2500 miles. I did recently change gas brands to Mobil from Exxon. I wonder if that makes a difference?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My average MPG went up 1-2 MPG since I purchased last year... to what most "broken in" LR3s see (very close to EPA estimates).

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our truck has 9000k miles on it.

Does the ECU also report issues to the diagnostic computer? Maybe is soooo broke it doesn't know it's broke???

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4