Mud Flaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone running these? I notice there's a lot of back spray from the wheels whether it's mud or salt or snow. feedback welcome. Thanks!

also, how difficult is the install?

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them and like the look and it definitely reduces the amount of back splash and potential rock damage to the vehicle. It took less than 30 minutes to install all 4. Some screws were difficult to get to ... I lifted the suspension to max during the installation.

I ordered my from carpartsestore.com ... here's the info ... note, this is for a 2010 LR4 ...

Product ID: VPLAP0017
Product Name: LAND ROVER VPLAP0017 MUDFLAPS (Package of 1)
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $95.99
--------------------------
Product ID: CAS500010PCL
Product Name: LAND ROVER CAS500010PCL KIT - MUDFLAP (Package of 1)
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $71.94
--------------------------
Order Total : $167.93
Shipping : $0.00
Handling : $4.95
Grand Total : $172.88

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Tim, could you take and post pics? I'd love to see some shot from different angles, there aren't any photos online other than the close up ads for the flaps.

tom7

Reaction score
can you please provide specifics on the installation.....any drilling involved?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you please provide specifics on the installation.....any drilling involved?

No drilling. The front are silly easy to install. The rear is more difficult, but nonetheless a do it yourself job for sure.

tom7

Reaction score
No drilling. The front are silly easy to install. The rear is more difficult, but nonetheless a do it yourself job for sure.

thank you my good man......the nerve of them trying to charge over $300 for installation....

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you my good man......the nerve of them trying to charge over $300 for installation....

wow... that's crazy.

count, i couldnt figure out the back... the bracket thing was a bit confusing. care to share your wisdom?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's crazy! It took my brother and I less than an hour to get all four done - first time. For a dealership to charge that, assuming two hours labor, the folks that work there must be turtles. Be sure to avoid that dealership in the future for out of warranty stuff.

The front took me all of 10 minutes, I mean easy. The rear, it takes some paying attention to the instructions and getting this one little bracket installed, but once you're in there, just mess around, and you'll figure it out. You'll sweat a lot. :) I wish I took pics for you guys! Anyway, anyone handy can do this job themselves.

Be sure to put the LR in off-road height. And when you do the fronts, turn the wheels outward when installing. Vise versa for each side. As for the back, you need a very stubby philips screw driver. But if you don't have one, just use a philips bit and visegrip to get in there. Space in the rear was the biggest challenge.

Last edited:

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really should shame your dealership into trying to charge you $300 for installation to simply SCREW parts on to the car! Perhaps a call to LRUSA customer care is in order. I'm sure TATA wouldn't like this!! :tongue:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM