Mud flaps!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Can someone let me know how to nstall the rear mud flaps, the front ones were very easy but the rear ones have 3 screws and 2 of them already have installed screws from the manufacturer so they are easy to screw, but there is one whole for the third one that it is just a hole with no washer on the back so it can't be thighted, and there is not room to get behind the hole to install the third screw. I'm sure that people who installed them will know what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance,

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

sorry I can't help you. The dealer installed mine. Some people mentioned a bracket that is required to install the rear mudflaps. I recall there was a discussion about that a while back. did you do a search?

BushRover

Reaction score
George
First thing is to align up the mudflaps and you can see what screws to take off on the inside of the wheel well, they are the middle one and the lower one which requires you to get under the truck
2) you need to separate the plastic just enough to get your hand in there and see that there is another hole like screw where the female plastic part will fit - keep in. Mind that you may have to slightly bend the heat plate a little to get to it
3) Now the hard part, hold the female part and then align the screws with the flap in place while trying to get the screw to align - once u get that your set!

Will upload pics as soon as possible - hope this helps !

BushRover

Reaction score
I thought i took more pics but here are 2 that will help. The first one is a pic, looking up from under the truck, behind the plactic wheel well. The second pic shows where the blue screw receiver thingy goes. Then you align the screws and your done. This is the hardest part - you may need to move a piece of plastic or whatever it is to get the opening to the hole to be open for the screws to go through.

Attachments

• DSCN1040.JPG
    DSCN1040.JPG
    660.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN1041.JPG
    DSCN1041.JPG
    662.9 KB · Views: 25

Georgemera1

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciated it. I did try it but it was impossible for me to do it, I got the bracket behind it with the blue female on one side and installed the 1 screw only, but to align the other side of the bracket to the other hole on the heat plate, was impossible for me. I couldn't see nothing in there first, I felt it with my fingers the other heat plate hole but was impossible to see it, I made a decision to leave it like that. The rear mud flaps are now screwed in with the 3 front screws but not the 4th screw behind it with the bracket and the heat plate.

George.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM