My Day for Dumb Questions-Engine Rotation Direction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When standing in front of the vehicle looking at the engine, the direction of rotation is clockwise, correct?

Want to double check before I start spinning it to close the valves for walnut blasting, as spinning it backwards can cause timing to skip.

Justin Mann

Reaction score
I'm doing this now because I'm replacing the stretch belt and in the diagram for replacement you rotate the crank clockwise to put the belt on. I've done this already so it's it's wrong i'm screwed. Don't 100% trust me though cause this is my first time working on my 2013 LR4 V8. But at least it's another person validating what you already thought to be true ;)

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I have seen that diagram in the manual as well.

Just one of those things you need to be correct. Thanks for the reply.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
When standing in front of the vehicle looking at the engine, the direction of rotation is clockwise, correct?

Yes, spin it clockwise when looking at the engine. You will notice that only 2 cylinders are fully open at the same time, you can walnut blast the other 4 that's fully seated. I would also recommend masking tape off all the cylinders that you're not working on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM