My LR3 Just before the suspension failure!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This pic is probably the last one at just 5 mins prior to the suspension failure (fortunatly there is a bypass on this obstacle for backing out!!)
P7073451.JPG

This was a day or two earlier and a minor stream crossing....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsvGyanxg4s

I installed the new strut however it looks as if there is no way to reset a red suspension fault with out the test computer. Also at neutral extension the new strut is not extended as far as the original although this should have no impact on full extension, this is making me think the strut was failing anyway!! Looks like I'll be ordering the BBS Faultmate Monday morning!!!! Yay new tools!!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan, that's a nice looking trail. Great to see your rig out on it. Bummer about the strut. Sounds lime you've got more than a good handle on it.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan, where was that (trail) at again? That was your 4th of July run, right? What part of Oregon is that at?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The obstacle was on the McGrew trail in southern Oregon. Yes this was over the fourth

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Southern." We talkin' Ashland South? ...or Roseburg South?

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The start of the McGrew is just outside of O'Brien which is on HWY199 about 40 miles south of Grants Pass. Most people camp at Sourdough camp once finishing the trail and to get there you actually have to cross into California then back into Oregon.. The trail is suppose to take about 6 hours to get through but you are in the middle of nowhere when you get to the other end. I did 2/3rds of the Trail 10 years ago and unfortunatly I was only able to get through half of the 1st third this time!!! I will be making a trip back though just to finish it!

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of rear bumper is that? :cool:

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of rear bumper is that? :cool:

That is of my own design!!! Couldn't get anything that I liked and wasn't willing to spend the money for a kaymar considering that I didn't like the design.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that rear bumper sure does look sharp! let me know if you start taking orders! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo