New HVAC problem - erratic behavior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump, any help with this one?

The links below are PDFs of the circuit and location of the blower relay. They are standard relays that you can get the part number off the top. It should be R16 based on the schematic. This is for a 2007 LR3 HSE but is most likely applicable to your situation.

Jcn Box
Blower Ckt

Last edited:

DTH

Reaction score
As you look at engine from the front, their is a cover in back left side of the engine bay, right in front of where the passenger sits. If I recall, their are 3 plastic clips that you can move with you fingers and the whole lid will pop out. Then you will see the battery and a long black box right next to the fender on the passenger side. Their is one plastic clip on this cover, I needed to use a flat screwdriver to pop the latch and then the lid lifts off, which will expose the fuses and relays. If I recall, it is relay 14 (not positive might be 15 or 16) the backside of the lid will have a key to the different relays and if I recall, this one has a fan symbol on it. The relay pulls straight out, you will need to wiggle it as it is tight.

The relay you want is a 40 amp, White stripe relay if you have a 2005. When you look at the relays, you will see a white strip on it. I checked with the local auto parts store and they said I would need to get from LR. So I called LR and it was a $6 relay. Good Luck, and I don't have any pictures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM