New LR3 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

san6279

Just picked up a new LR3 today from the eastside dealer near Seattle. Our first Land Rover. Looked over this site and others quite a few times, and am hoping I don't have too many problems. Silver HSE w/ blk interior.

Salesman mentioned water leaks (tube issue, etc) and possible warning lights....said don't panic, just bring it in and we'll take care of it. The only thing I noticed on the way home (didn't notice during test drive) was a rattling in the roof-mounted control unit for the rear fans. Hopefully they can take care of this as it is quite annoying.

Another thing I noticed quickly on the way home....gas hog. But I can't complain cuz I already knew that. Our other car is a VW Beetle, so it was quite a shock to see how far that needle had gone down only after 50 miles.

Absolutely love the looks and features of this SUV. It was love at first site.

GMTIIFAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the family!! hopefully gas mileage will get better. On last highway trip to Augusta (Master golf tourn.) I averaged 19.7 mpg while running between 80-85 mph. There are some quirks, but a great ride. Enjoy!!

S

san6279

Thanks for the welcome. This forum has been a real source of info for me in making the purchase decision.

Found one more problem. Center slider for moon roof will not latch. This problem is in the same spot as the rattling....not sure if they are related.

L

lr305

My LR3 got average 20.2 mpg, all highway about 75 to 80 mph. The outside temperature was 85 F. I have noticed that ambient temperature made quite a difference. The truck got 14.8 mpg when ambient temperature was in low 20's. I had no problem so far, and keep fingers crossed. Enjoy the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
85 C? Wow, that's like....like 195 F!!
Just kiddin' ya. I got 20.3 in 85 degrees as well. I agree, HUGE diff with temperature change.

R

rheudabaga

We've had our HSE for a month now and we're also very pleased so far. Now that we can open it up a little more, I'm much more impressed with the engine on this machine. If you get on it, it does have some muscle.

No problems so far. (No wood dash to knock on...)

M

Michael

Congratulations with the new LR3!

By the way, for all of you posting mileage, do you have the V8 or V6?

Michael

X

xcursion

If your figures are from the truck's trip computer, you may want to double check that against actual hand calculation at gas fill-ups. I found that my trip computer is off by about 20% (ex. when trip computer shows 20mpg, I was actually getting only 16mpg)

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
san6279 said:
Thanks for the welcome. This forum has been a real source of info for me in making the purchase decision.
I would also reccommend the Disco 3 forum:
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/index.php Mostly British and European guys, but they seem to find out about parts, issues, accessories, and Answers a bit more quickly than we do over here in the States.

Congrat's on your choice of rides. Please promise to get it properly dirty.

Cheers,

Nathan
http://blog.nextstepdesigns.com/?cat=9

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM