NEW, LR3 Roof Rack!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the road noise? (air noise when driving on highway)

G

GMachineFAB

Out of all the racks on the market this has the least noise. That was actually a key factor in the very early stages of R&D. I notice that many other racks are loud compared to this rack.
We were contracted to build a better rack all around.
- Strength
- Style
- Noise
- Utility
- and most of all, it has to be fully welded and powdercoated for superior quality and longevity.
Jason

G

GMachineFAB

yeah, that is what we are expecting. Derek at Urban Offroad is the man to contact on that though.
Jason

bobby

Reaction score
Can anyone shed light onto the production status of this rack?
I tried calling the number but it was disconnected.
Would be interested if the price was still the same as quoted previously.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks like a sweet setup. i have a question for anyone with a ladder already.

How necessary is the ladder if your not going up on top yourself. for the most part i can reach what i need to read standing on the tailgate. i cant imagine actually standing on the ladder and hoisting things up there. let me know your experiences and what you think. do you mainly use the ladder to get on the rack itself? thanks.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my ladder, being only 5' 10" it helps me reach items at the front of the basket without having to open and close doors. And it beats standing on the rear tire especially when in access mode.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'-7" and 300 lbs, and I can use the ladder okay. I tend to stand on my rock sliders for items towards the front of the roof rack, the back tires for items on the side, and the ladder for items in the rear.

You can reach Derek at http://urbanoffroad.us/ for more info on fabrication.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone had experience with this rack? I see it's only $1100 on the website now. also, I noticed it looks like it only has 3 bars X 2 bars across the load floor, which leaves large gaps in between. Is that enough, or do you have to lay down some kind of 'flooring' over it. I guess it depends on what ya put up there?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I don't think very many have been sold, I've seen the prototype rack with my own eyes. It looks really good. Yes, you will need to put down flooring. The rack seems very strong, with ample cargo space. It would easy to add lights too, and Hi-Lift jacks, etc...

I don't know the total weight, but I suspect that this is the kind of rack you bolt on and leave it on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635