NEW, LR3 Roof Rack!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, here's my version of the Brownchurch Rack Mod to get around the Satellite Antenna. Piece of cake - hat tip to duckdive for talking me through it.

After cutting the one piece out, I took the piece down to the local hardward store and got a furniture plug that fit the size exactly to finish it off and protect from rust. Prior to putting the plugs in, I treated the inside edge with Rustoleum, then used some silicone sealant before putting the plugs in to seal the edges. Came out pretty clean looking I think. Here's a couple pics.

Nice work Boaz. Picked up the same plugs last week.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did use silicone sealant and the caps are extremely tight fitting. Had to use a rubber mallet to pound them on actually. So they're not going to fly off in the wind. I have seen some interesting flooring ideas, but haven't decided to do anything there yet. I would like to add a wind deflector to the front though, since this didn't come with one. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are the exclusive distributor in the U.S., so unless you can find a used one on Ebay or something, they're your only source here. Les was very helpful and accommodating about everything though. Besides their slightly higher than desired prices, I have no complaints about them and would recommend them.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only downside on the Brownchurch was the wind noise. It was considerable and I wasn't looking forward to my 1000 mile drive to Colorado. However, it turned out to be a simple fix. I bought a 44" Thule wind deflector from REI, and now it's like it's not even up there. Can't hear a thing. And I think it actually looks pretty good too. Here's a pic.
IMG_2243.jpg

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it, does it get in the way of the sunroof at all?

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a little. Tilt mode is fine obviously. But you can't open it back all the way with the wind deflector down. I don't really drive with it open at full speed though. At trail speeds, wind noise isn't really a factor, in which case I would just flip back the wind deflector into the rack and open the sun roof all the way.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635