NEW, LR3 Roof Rack!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
duckdive, what tires are you running? How do you like them?

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo Open Country A/T 285/60-18s. Havn't failed me....yet. Many trails on sharp
rocks. 12,000 miles rotated regularly and still in good shape.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duckdive - Thanks for talking to me the other day about your install of the Brownchurch rack modified for the antenna. I just got mine from Rovers North as well and noticed that there are no install instructions. It came with a box of geniune Land Rover mounting hardware though, so I'm guessing it's similar to the Expedition Roof Rack from LR. If you could post a couple more close up pics of the mounting points that would really be helpful. Thanks.

josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR3 roof rack...

Well I just ordered a roof rack from Urban Offroad - it should be here in a week or two. I'll let ya'll know what I think.

-Josh

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get the full length one or the one that just comes up to the end of the rails? I've only seen the full length ones, but considered getting the shorter one.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duckdive - Thanks for talking to me the other day about your install of the Brownchurch rack modified for the antenna. I just got mine from Rovers North as well and noticed that there are no install instructions. It came with a box of geniune Land Rover mounting hardware though, so I'm guessing it's similar to the Expedition Roof Rack from LR. If you could post a couple more close up pics of the mounting points that would really be helpful. Thanks.

Here you go. Piece that slides into guide rails go first. Then plates with holes go next
(angled part of plate goes outside and down). Rack goes on last. Put your 8 bolts in
16 nuts on loosely, adjust, then tighten. Piece of cake. Mounting point shown is
driver's side rear. Good luck.

DD

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks much. Always helpful to get a second look. I'll post pics of the completed job in a bit.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, here's my version of the Brownchurch Rack Mod to get around the Satellite Antenna. Piece of cake - hat tip to duckdive for talking me through it.

After cutting the one piece out, I took the piece down to the local hardward store and got a furniture plug that fit the size exactly to finish it off and protect from rust. Prior to putting the plugs in, I treated the inside edge with Rustoleum, then used some silicone sealant before putting the plugs in to seal the edges. Came out pretty clean looking I think. Here's a couple pics.

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work. You might want to squirt some silicone sealant into those bar ends and then reinsert the plastic caps to be safe (against moisture or wind turbulence sucking the caps back out).

That rack is interestingly made, with the crimped tube connections and cross bar attachments.

Have you thought about flooring for it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635