New Lr4!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the interiors are different depending on the model - similar to how the RRS supercharged vs HSE works. Because the pictures of the black interior show a steering wheel with perforated leather at the 3 and 9 positions and a black LR logo in the center vs. the light colored interior, which shows an all smooth leather steering wheel and a green LR logo. I'll bet you get the black logos and perf leather with the new 5.0 V8.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall, I like the updates (except the tail lights). Will hold final judgement until getting time behind the wheel.

Did anyone else notice the dual side vents/gills? Also the article mentions new tires. Wonder if this means and end to the Wrangler HP's?

Anyone attending the NY Auto show who can get a closer look?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or did I see an air intake vent on BOTH sides of that vehicle?

After all that bragging and bravado LR did about how "functional" and A-symmetric the LR3 is and how they only put one air intake vent on the LR3 because that's all it needed...blah blah blah.

Sell-outs. This is kind of disappointing. The LR3 is utilitarian and I love it for that. The
LR4 is an LR3 at an Escalade party....what a bunch of $hit. I wonder who had their head up their A$$ in Solihull when they approved these shena****ns. The interior changes are nice (save the TR/EAS/Hi-Lo re-location) but the other changes are just stupid.

I'm glad I have an LR3 and not a stupid-ass LR4...and that is NOT sour grapes.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't like the reversal of position....you say you did something for a reason, don't undermine your credibility by going the poser-route 5 years later.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't like the reversal of position....you say you did something for a reason, don't undermine your credibility by going the poser-route 5 years later.
I hear ya. Perhaps the new 5.0L does breath through both intakes?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...if that is the case, I will eat tons of Crow.

...and be jealous of the new engine, too.

...even though I think the 4.4 is great and those who think it's slow or unresponsive simply haven't discovered Sport Mode and/or Command Shift.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Another example of this was that back in the day they had offset differentials and the big pitch was that you line up rocks with the driver and drive right over them (diffs were on the right side of the truck). Well that was awesome and worth bragging about - and I did - until the next year when the front diff was offset and the rear was centered. Probably got a deal somewhere on center-diffed axles and swept that sales pitch under the rug.
Another one was they made a big deal out of the shape of the hood for better visibility of the ground in front of you....then they switched the hood.
What else...?

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or did I see an air intake vent on BOTH sides of that vehicle?

After all that bragging and bravado LR did about how "functional" and A-symmetric the LR3 is and how they only put one air intake vent on the LR3 because that's all it needed...blah blah blah.

Sell-outs. This is kind of disappointing. The LR3 is utilitarian and I love it for that. The
LR4 is an LR3 at an Escalade party....what a bunch of . I wonder who had their head up their A$$ in Solihull when they approved these shena****ns. The interior changes are nice (save the TR/EAS/Hi-Lo re-location) but the other changes are just stupid.

I'm glad I have an LR3 and not a stupid-ass LR4...and that is NOT sour grapes.

Hey don't beat around the bush, tell us how you REALLY feel :biggrin: Funny, it seems we heard the same thing from the Disco crowd when the D3/LR3 was intro'd :wink:

John

BTW I'm not too impressed myself except for the 5.0.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635