New Lr4!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...not quite the same John. The Disco crowd was calling the LR3 a mall-crawler and discounting it for its electronic wizardry and indi suspension.

In this case, I'm sure the LR4 is every bit as adept as the LR3 offroad; and I'm somewhat okay with the changes, I just don't like the reversal of philosophy from LR....

I enjoyed your post, by the way. I was sort of just lurking and reading and not saying much about the "4" but then the dam burst and I had to speak out!

I give the LR4 one of these: :bootyshak

...not because it sucks but because it was unnecessary to change the name so early and doll up the LR3 like that. So I guess that BA really goes to the LR Execs in Solihull, not the LR4 itself.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer the question about the air intake from what I was told from a friend at LR, the new engine requires two intakes, so hence the reason for the intakes. The d4 has a new transmission, engine, brakes, front steering system, suspension upgrades, and a more toys on it than a D3 electronically speaking. (the camera system seems slick)

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay....thanks. I will go into a "Rant Holding-Pattern" then until I see some more info on the air intake situation.

I am interested in hearing more about the suspension....I think the back-up camera is sort of lame unless it retains the current aural alerting system (a.k.a. the "beep beep beeper") because I like the idea of using my eyes AND ears. I worry that too many people will rely on the camera and display instead of gettin' their heads around to look behind them and/or use their mirrors.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM