New Park Brake Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So last night on the way home from the local auto show my left park brake failed to release fully. It got hot (very hot) I pulled the emergency release and drove the rest of the way home. This morning I pulled the disc's, cleaned, lubed and adjusted the epb. I went to reapply the park brake it wont go!! I attached the faultmate and found the following code. "Drive Motor B - Inverter Over Temperature -:p03AD -:C1A53" I assume this means that one of the drive motors has failed within the actuator? I know there aren't many with a faultmate and probably fewer yet that have had this problem with one. But thought I would try anyway...

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar problem, although I don't have a faultmate. I had my left pb stick on me, but got it to release after turning the ignition off, waiting and restarting. On the drive home I got a really bad vibration from the rear left wheel, so bad , I thought I blew a tire. When I got out to inspect I found the tire ok, but smelled hot brakes and saw a bunch of brake dust on the rim. When I got home I let everything cool, pulled the rotor off only to find that the entire brakeshoe had been ground off, leaving nothing but the metal behind. Now when ever I apply the brakes I get a vibration (from a warped rotor I think) and if I have the window down I can hear the metal shoe contact the rotor when I come to a stop. I'm hoping that replacing the rotor and shoes fixes the problem.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah yours probably happend due to an improper epb adjustment. Sounds like what happens when you skip a step. (Hope it was the dealer, although they will never own up to it..) The shoes are fine and the disk isn't warped on mine but it won't reset at all. I will try again today but it looks like I get to replace the actuator....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90