New Pirelli Scorpion ATR's and question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photodisco

Reaction score
Just mounted Pirelli Scorpion ATR's after going through 2 sets of the horrible Goodyear Wranglers (dealer replaced first set under warranty at 12k, now at 42k)

The reason of the change was the obvious loud noise coming from the tires. While my first impression of the ATR's is very positive and the actual tires seem very quiet....there is a distint roaring noise coming from the front.

It is a contstant droning noise that actually seems to increase when i let off the gas and just coast...

Has anyone else had this or does anyone know what this is? Is this a symptom of a bad hub?

Thanks.

MST

Reaction score
I also just got the Pirelli ATR's and have been very happy w/ them. I don't have any noise coming from mine - you might want to check out the alignment, hub, etc.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I have over 25k miles on the ATRs and cannot say I've ever heard any unusual sounds from them. They are very quiet and wear very slowly. Do watch your air pressure weekly. It makes a difference from mpg to a sluggish feeling on the road to improper wear. Rotate them every 5000 miles. Make sure you have an alignment done too.

photodisco

Reaction score
Oh I know the noise is definetely from the tires. Just curious to see if this droning noise is a symptom of the hub problem some forum members speak about ..

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tried to buy a set of these and they're on back-order. Did you have problems getting your hands on these?

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tirerack.com; discount-tires-2gotiresavings.com; shows in stock;

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to use my local guy. He's actually a friend. We spoke to the Pirelli distributor and they had zero in stock and didn't know when they'd have more. Oddly enough, i had a blowout this morning and now I have to replace all four tires. Have Synchrones now. Switching to Bridgestone that he had in stock. I hate to do it, but it was a necessity move.

Learth

Reaction score
Which Bridgestone, the duelers? Those get high marks on tirerack and consumer reports. How are they so far?

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Duelers. I'll tell you this afternoon when I pick them up. Actually, I"m planning to drive to Seven Springs, PA to ski tomorrow. I should have a dry road, highway and snow test all in one day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9