New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

paulbrapp

I have a 97 Disco. It has stock suspension. I am in the market for some new tires. I am looking for some input. It is used as a daily driver but I will be doing some off-roading also. I am open for opinions on size and brand.

Thanks
Paul

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your best bet - BF Goodrich A/T KO.
Size - 245x75 (or is it 70?), if you got stock suspension.

D

discomike

I run BFG's on my truck, but it is modified. Before that I ran Bridgestone Duellers, and really liked them, good tread and they are a direction design so they are very responsive.
I agree with Sregi,
245/75 16's are great for stock.
Mike J.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trimming a small amount from the fenders will be needed for the 245's. I have them, BFG at, and they rub the rear quarter's behind the tire and that's with my 3" RTE. Also, for a stock truck, it seems that you would need to trim the front valence a bit to clear.

P

paulbrapp

I don't want to do any trimming. I just want something that will be good performance but also fit.

Thanks
Paul

D

discomike

Monty,
I have several friend who run 245's with no problem, I am wondering why you have.
I am puzzled,
mike j.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've read, that size will fit DII's without trimming but DI's need the trim. I'll have to do the camel trophy cut to mine and they'll be fine. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Paul, the 245's are a great size for a stock truck, so don't let me discourage you. Just wanted to give you a heads up that slight trimming will be in order.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
I would do Bridgestone. I run them on my 98 and love them. I have the Dueller Revo, I also believe that Joey run’s them too. I have run them in the mud, snow, ice, sleet, and lots of highway. Never had any issues. HTH

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Monty- I can't remember (stock size 235x70?). But I do know that what you said is correct. Under full lock the 245's rub on a D1.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM