New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

paulbrapp

Thanks for everyones input. I have a 97 Disco I, sorry for any confusion.

Discosid

Reaction score
Xtx

I spent months researching tires. I find everyone has there own opinion. BFG some say are good some bad. etc etc. Pirellis in my mind are a knock out tire for any vehicle, but spendy. I heard great things about Dunlop AT rovers and they are easier on the pocket. Also a lesser expensive tire is the General Grabber AT2, it has a tread pattern similar to the BFG’s. Now don’t knock Generals Tires, here in the US they get a bad rap as a cheap Sears tire. So for all that don’t know, take trip to Germany they are everywhere. Mercedes come fitted Standard from the factory with them. The second biggest selling tire in Europe, and part of the continental tire corp. Continental being a real ******* of a tire.
I decided not to listen to all the advice and took a chance with a tire I found and was told about, called Wild Country XTX (stock Size), the tread pattern as close the REVO’s as you can get. I’ve had no problems with them. No road noise, great handling, smooth ride. And I was more than impressed with the snow traction last weekend when it dumped a load here in MN. I spent Saturday morning towing cars out of my mother in-laws town home complex. I even had to help a Jeep out. That was so satisfying.

God do I love CDL some times

Ill be off road in a couple of weeks and Ill post the results.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the cost...Sport King ATs are a good tire too. They are actually made by BFG now, I had a set on a 75 land cruiser for 8 years, put BFG muds on it and put the Sport Kings on a Ranger...still going strong... tires have about 60,000 miles. I am guessing the sidewalls will go out before the tread. Good reasonable tires with good tread wear, sidewalls aren't as tough as BFG KOs though.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonderfull Wrangler HP's

I have just ordered Yokohama Geolander H/T-s G052 for my 03' SE-7 (255/55/18) to replace those wonderfull Good Year Wrangler HP that came with the Truck. I will sorely miss the TCS and ABS comming on all the time in this snow! I got the best price for these in CDN $$ less than 915 for all 4!

Jaak

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Jaak - 1986 Porsche 951 ?? That is too cool! Do you have pics? I am after a 1979 Carrera 3. :) or a 993 !

Wrangler is a good tire. Ran them on my Jeep(s).

Last edited:

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RoverChic said:
Jaak - 1986 Porsche 951 ?? That is too cool! Do you have pics? I am after a 1979 Carrera 3. :) or a 993 !

Wrangler is a good tire. Ran them on my Jeep(s).

The link is old as I have not updated the data. Replaced the Outback with a 2003 Disco SE-7. Wranglers are for sale once I replace them this Friday for $250 CDN for all 4.

http://www.p-caronline.com/directory/jaakl/

Friends P-Car shop is www.hpcars.ca

Jaak

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
That is a cream puff Jaak. Oh I am now having Porsche (pour-sha) envy !!

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RoverChic said:
That is a cream puff Jaak. Oh I am now having Porsche (pour-sha) envy !!

It's been put away for the winter ... waiting from spring to come around.

Jaak

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on Tires

Folks ... the Yokohama Geolander tires are great so far. I have put at least 1000 kms on them through several snow storms, cold weather and wet roads. They came through with flying colours.

My TC and ABS come on 1/4 the time then with the Goodyears. I find the tires are stiffer with better control on all road surfaces. The truck is now fun to drive in the wet and dry snow ... over 6" fallen with drifts. The control on ice is better as well as my stopping distance is less. I can not find fault with them so far.

I do recommend the Yokohama Geolander H/T-s G052 tires for these trucks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM