New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, mine rub on the radius arms, I believe both ways, but I was thinking that was b/c the RTE arms are a bit thicker than stock.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put on new 235 70 16 bfg AT KOs They may not be the biggest, but the aggressive look makes it look much tougher than regular tires that are the same size... I have run Land cruisers with 35s and jeeps with 33s.... unless you are going to do some off roading that could cause body damage to your vehicle stock size works fine. Call me a stick in the mud, but the larger the tires on late model vehicles, the more problems they have.... like TPS, engine codes, wear and tear.... LRs have enough sensor issues as it is... just my opinion.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Monty said:
From what I've read, that size will fit DII's without trimming but DI's need the trim. I'll have to do the camel trophy cut to mine and they'll be fine. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Nope. I have D1 and truck came with 245- no issues or trimming.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We must be talking about a different 245, or is there one? Mine were about 1.5" taller than my stock 235's.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would depend on if they were 70, 75, 80 series tires.

D

disco1

FWIW, I run 255x70 BFG M/T. They are marginally lower in profile, but they are wider (30.46" v/s 30"), and you don't have to trim anything.

D

discomike

Hey Monty,
You made me go back and look twice, paul has not mentioned wether it is a D1 or D2 yet.
We made need to wait for his reply.
Mike J.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Paul has a 1997 D1.

BFG all terrain 255/75/16 - Tried this set. The front tires hit the front fenders.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM