Noob requesting advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noob requesting advice on tires

Hi all,

Although I swore never to buy a European car again, the wife was so unhappy with my selection (2007 Nissan Pathfinder), I am forced into buying something more upscale :eek:

Any way, found a good deal on a 2008 LR3 V8 HSE spec with every option in the book and 26,000 miles. The tires are in bad shape and I know that they will be one of the first things I will replace.

Not having any experience with Land Rovers and LR3 in specific, can someone recommend a tire that is a good all rounder? I have the factory 19" wheels.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Although I swore never to buy a European car again, the wife was so unhappy with my selection (2007 Nissan Pathfinder), I am forced into buying something more upscale :eek:

Any way, found a good deal on a 2008 LR3 V8 HSE spec with every option in the book and 26,000 miles. The tires are in bad shape and I know that they will be one of the first things I will replace.

Not having any experience with Land Rovers and LR3 in specific, can someone recommend a tire that is a good all rounder? I have the factory 19" wheels.

Thanks.

Use the search. The posters on this forum as a whole have run all the tires availble and someone has written a review.

Randall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought my CPO LR3 from the dealership with the michelin synchrone 4x4 tires on it they were a great all around tire and were quiet. I now run cooper zeons but for the nineteen's they're a great tire if you're just going to do occasional off roading with minimal mud.

hope that helped
Noah

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had great results from my Synchrones too; however Michelin isn't making them anymore and their tread is pretty tame. When I need to replace them, I may go with something that is more all-season like the Nokian WRG2 (I think that's their name).

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No matter what tires you get, be sure to get the alignment done also. You will need the dealer for this. Search for Tires and Alignment (both, separately) on my website for more info and reccomendations: www.nextstepdesigns.com
I maintain a lot of LR3 related info on that site.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch, why is the alignment limited to the dealer? I can foresee huge running bills for this truck, fingers crossed. Can I take it to a good alignment shop to have this done? What is the risk?

She is already wearing Goodyears from new and the car has approx 26,250 miles on the clock, I know they will need to replaced soon from the condition they are in. Does the LR3 come with any TPMS?

I will not need mud capability where I live, mainly on road and if off it, will be mainly sand dunes and rocky terrain.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clearly, you did not read the post on my site. We are trying to teach you to fish, sir. Not just hand you a tuna.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi nwoods, sorry, COmpany policy is to block blog sites which means I can only access it from home :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99