NOT trading my 2011 for 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched the threads, googled into the corners of the net, and called a couple of different dealerships for information on whether we'll lose the V8 in 13 or 14.

Well, without playing on opinion, I found zilch. Lots of opinions, no fact. I finally decided to add up the opinions and take the average. I now agree that we will not see any real changes in the 2014 and that the V6 may not even make it until 16. Who really knows.

So I 1/2 decided to trade it my 2011 for a 2013 regardless of what the rumors were. As much as I love my landrover, I truly hate the navigation/audio system and every time I use it, it just ****** me off. Saturday morning, I went down to my dealer and completely went through the 2013. No visual differences in the truck at all, except for the Nav/audio system and the compressor. I priced up a red truck with arabica/Cream interior with the black pack and all of the options. Priced out at $65 and he told me he'd take $2500 off MSRP. Yes, they're still taking orders on 2013.
After I got home, I took one look at my LR4 and realized that I'd be insane to pay that kind of money for a Nav system. It's not about the money, its about common sense.

NO 2013 for me, I love my truck and I'm keeping her. I am however planning a few serious adjustments to the system, but that a story for another time. Dont get caught up in the hype or fear. If you love your LR4 today, you'll love it tomorrow. Ciao.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched the threads, googled into the corners of the net, and called a couple of different dealerships for information on whether we'll lose the V8 in 13 or 14.

Well, without playing on opinion, I found zilch. Lots of opinions, no fact. I finally decided to add up the opinions and take the average. I now agree that we will not see any real changes in the 2014 and that the V6 may not even make it until 16. Who really knows.

So I 1/2 decided to trade it my 2011 for a 2013 regardless of what the rumors were. As much as I love my landrover, I truly hate the navigation/audio system and every time I use it, it just ****** me off. Saturday morning, I went down to my dealer and completely went through the 2013. No visual differences in the truck at all, except for the Nav/audio system and the compressor. I priced up a red truck with arabica/Cream interior with the black pack and all of the options. Priced out at $65 and he told me he'd take $2500 off MSRP. Yes, they're still taking orders on 2013.
After I got home, I took one look at my LR4 and realized that I'd be insane to pay that kind of money for a Nav system. It's not about the money, its about common sense.

NO 2013 for me, I love my truck and I'm keeping her. I am however planning a few serious adjustments to the system, but that a story for another time. Dont get caught up in the hype or fear. If you love your LR4 today, you'll love it tomorrow. Ciao.
Hey Expat93,

I have to admit that I was guilty in getting all paranoid about the 2013 model and contributed to the discussions. I went back and forth about ordering the 2013, but in the end, I realized I was going to do it no matter what because I needed to turn in my lease or buy it out. I love my LR4, but I wish I had certain options that I was unable to pick because I got an LR4 off the lot and got a great deal.

Like you, I kept going back and forth (even after I ordered the 2013), but in the end I am going forward because it will be the exact package I want and I plan to keep it long term.

Thanks for the post - pretty humbling for me! :)

-David

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, don't blame you a bit. For me, I own my 11, so the swap would have only been for the nav/audio and a different color. Now how silly would that be. I'm not at all saying I wouldn't like to do it, there just now way of justifying it to myself.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, don't blame you a bit. For me, I own my 11, so the swap would have only been for the nav/audio and a different color. Now how silly would that be. I'm not at all saying I wouldn't like to do it, there just now way of justifying it to myself.
I completely understand. You are in a good situation and have a nicely loaded vehicle, so you are wise to keep it. Now it makes it easier to jump into some of the bigger modifications. Your list sounds a lot like mine - very curious what you find for the front.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this will raise opinions, but of everything I've seen, I like the Landrover winch mount the best with a Viking 9 winch. The mount would look like ass without the push bar, but the LR push bar is absolute crap. A true concealed winch seems like a maintenance hastle, so I'm stuck. I like the ARB, but its so damn big, if i do go that way, I'm pretty sure that I'd have the bars removed leaving only the bumper. I keep looking for one on the road that I can look at, but no luck to date.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this will raise opinions, but of everything I've seen, I like the Landrover winch mount the best with a Viking 9 winch. The mount would look like ass without the push bar, but the LR push bar is absolute crap. A true concealed winch seems like a maintenance hastle, so I'm stuck. I like the ARB, but its so damn big, if i do go that way, I'm pretty sure that I'd have the bars removed leaving only the bumper. I keep looking for one on the road that I can look at, but no luck to date.
I know someone in my Land Rover club that installed the Devon 4x4 hidden winch and it looks pretty good. He told me the install was a royal pain in the butt and he has great fabrication skills.

I could not agree more about the Land Rover push bar - no way. I've seen the ARB in person only on the LR3 and it looks great, but it's definitely a change.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although it is nice to have a navigation system since it provides other options such as rear/side view camera, DVD pay (?), I tend to look more at the engineering behind the vehicle. Given all things equal the rest is "luxury" I can live without given the price asked. I use my iphone for directions: Google maps, Apple map, and TomTom (when no cellular connections and/or need info about POIs). It works like a charm besides that they are always updated with latest information. I rather spend the money in off-road accessories.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although it is nice to have a navigation system since it provides other options such as rear/side view camera, DVD pay (?), I tend to look more at the engineering behind the vehicle. Given all things equal the rest is "luxury" I can live without given the price asked. I use my iphone for directions: Google maps, Apple map, and TomTom (when no cellular connections and/or need info about POIs). It works like a charm besides that they are always updated with latest information. I rather spend the money in off-road accessories.

Sorry, I meant DVD play...

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really makes no sense to swap an 11 for a 13, unless one has to. Visual differences are non-existent; on my LUX package the audio system is the same (would love to have had Meridian though, but its not available). For my Nav I use my droid phone. Having the black package wheels would be great...but that's about it

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really makes no sense to swap an 11 for a 13, unless one has to. Visual differences are non-existent; on my LUX package the audio system is the same (would love to have had Meridian though, but its not available). For my Nav I use my droid phone. Having the black package wheels would be great...but that's about it
I actually agree in many ways. My current 2011 is a lease and not exactly the package that I wanted, so that is why I ordered what I wanted for the 2013. As far as the black design package, that is something you can do to your 2011 pretty cheap. I powder coated my wheels black and painted the side vents, grill, and lettering. It came out great!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo