O2 sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

MightyMax

anyone have any pictures of the locations of the o2 sensors?

M

Mark

Update

Update: I went on a trip today, traveling 85% at 60 MPH and the other 15% city driving(in 3rd). A whopping 17.5 MPH!

Also, I put Valvoline Synthetic Oil in the engine and 'sprayed' Seafoam through the intake on the drivers side.

New O2 Sensors and some specific maintenance = Good Results.

As for a picture: Crawl underneath and look at the O2 sensors and follow with your hand to the connectors. Because of the darkness, tightness, and crampness of the O2 sensor and plug locations, pictures would be difficult. Locating the essential items is the easiest part while fixing the essential items is a pain in the ass.

Just Do It!

M

mge_1

Mark said:
I bought some from OxygenSensors.com this morning. Part Number AMR 6244.

O2 Sensors are primarily manufactured by NTK (as these are) and may be shipped under other names with NTK marked on the body.

I bought 2 front 02 sensors today from drivewire.com for $54.79 each for my 00 DII. free shipping too. Bosch brand and direct fit.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I bet when the come in, the don't fit.... (okay I don't bet, but I would be willing to say they will not fit)

Lets just say I have tried the direct fit cheap route before.

M

mge_1

joey said:
I bet when the come in, the don't fit.... (okay I don't bet, but I would be willing to say they will not fit)

Lets just say I have tried the direct fit cheap route before.

Isn't the one from the dealer also made by bosch? Did you get a bosch 02 sensor? Educate me. Thanks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, they are, but there are at least 2 different sizes for bosch O2 sensors. I Know when I ordered mine the cheap way (mind you I have the D1) they were almost 2 times the size of the correct ones... so I sent them back.

M

mge_1

Ahhh i see i see. Ok I will let you know how it goes. I should be getting them tomorrow and plan to install it by Friday. These guys better have sent me the right ones hehe.

M

Mark

The O2 sensors for a DII will be different than the DI and from what I have seen, cheaper (in price).

NTK makes O2 sensors for the OEMs. So I do not see how the LR packaged O2 sensors (NTK) are really different than the Walker packaged sensors (NTK).

IF, and when the Walker (NTK) O2 sensors fail me, I will post a mea culpa...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM