O2 sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Mark... It is always good to gather more info.... especially if it saves money and still works.

M

mge_1

ok the bosch 02 sensors i ordered from drivewire.com for $54.79 each (with free shipping) for my 00 DII fits perfectly and looks like it fixed the problems. hope the service engine light dont go back on. i drove it for about 30 miles so far and so far so good.

Mudquest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread Marc - I just ordered sensors for the front due to a consistant list of codes being given off the OBII reader. If it winds up being the MAF, well, I guess new O2 sensors certainly coundn't hurt. Land Rover should have placed the plug-in for the OBII right next to the defrost button. I seem to use them both about as often...

Drivewire.com was an excellent tip! I'll update if there's any surprise fit issues.

Cheers, J
2000 Disco II - around 79K

N

nhveedub

Mudquest said:
I just ordered sensors for the front due to a consistent list of codes being given off the OBDII reader....Land Rover should have placed the plug-in for the OBDII right next to the defrost button. I seem to use them both about as often...

NICE! lol... What are your consistent codes? I've been running the same 4 codes for months, and concluded it was the O2 sensors or the MAF as well...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mudquest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seem to be getting P0171, P0734, P1172, P0174, and P1175. Fortunately P1175 went away for now. Cleared the codes again last night, and cleaned the MAF and also sprayed the plugs-in's for the O2 sensors, which will get replaced soon. I expect my little 'yellow light' elf will be back on later today though...

Merry Roverness.

J

N

nhveedub

Mudquest said:
I've seem to be getting P0171, P0734, P1172, P0174, and P1175.
I was also getting 1100 and I believe 0007, none of which show up anywhere in any code list I've seen. But I'm also getting 0171 and 0174 consistently. Thanks for the digits - wanted to make sure I'm on the same page with the O2 thing.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Couldn't find a 1100, but the 0007 is: (I would start looking at the MAF)

Attachments

• 0007.jpg
    0007.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 64

Mudquest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found P1100 to read as "MAF Sensor Intermittent. Check of all OBDII Systems Not Complete" Site source: http://www.troublecodes.net/OBD2/Pcodes.shtml

So, I'm with Joey. Give the MAF a real good cleaning and see what happens. The O2 sensors 'may' still need replacing. I'm thinking my problem may be MAF related as well, but I can't loose by also replacing what appears to be original sensors. Anything for a few more tenths of gas milage...

Cheers

N

nhveedub

Thanks everyone for the information. All systems point to MAF I suppose! I'll give it another good cleaning. When I cleared the codes yesterday to see what the codes were, all I had was 0171, 0174, and 0734. I did not have 1100 and 0007 this time around. It's been a couple months since I cleared codes. I'll clean the MAF regardless. And since it's been 66k miles, those O2 sensors need to go too.

Thanks again for the info - I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM