Off Road Tire Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

AdvRide

Go to the gallery and look at the two photos I placed there. The bottom portion of the rack is extruded aluminum and seems to be sturdy. The riser covers are attached via pop rivets so you will have to drill those out to get at the bolts on those. The front air dam has about 4 pop rivets in the bottom section attached to the lower front curved piece. They are all aluminum pop rivets. I like the idea of having all the cross pieces protecting the glass top and sun roof. The wind noise has been reduced drastically since the front air dam and upper rails are gone. Until someone sells a really well built fully welded roof rack like the earlier Discos have I will probably bolt on a Yakima basket so I can use my bike rails and Kayak cradles.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grommet, I've been trying to buy one of those for over a month, but for one reason after another, they have not been able to make one. Which is fine, what I really want is their H3 rack modified for the LR3. They said they would have it ready a couple of weeks ago, but they still haven't made any progress as of yesterday. I have an event this weekend where I really could have used it!

They tried to arrange a loaner, but that fell through also. They seem like earnest guys, but distracted. They were working on an FJ40 last time I talked to them!

A

AdvRide

I too like that H3 rack they have there. Possibly if that other rack came in black as well.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they get it together in the next week or two, I'll install it and take photos. Otherwise I'm going the FrontRunner South Africa route.

Yes, the "basket" style rack is available in black (By available, I mean they can made it, not that they actually have them on hand). There is a photo under the "LR3 Grille" section that shows a custom rack in two tone, one of the colors being black.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the other rack can be ordered in Black. In fact, I've only seen it "in person" in black.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys have hijacked the off road tire thread - not that talking about off road tires hasn't been beaten to death. :)

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the hijacking saga continues... Just got a call from RoverAccessories, they have several new black ones coming, and I might be able to get my hands on one as early as tommorow! Charles added that they have lowered the profile of them and that they look less like the basket style. Sounds good, should be interesting. I may not be able to post here until Monday, but I will upload some photos as soon as I have something to shoot at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112