Off Road Tire Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

KTMLC8

I think the issue at hand was / is a more aggressive tread pattern with a tougher sidewall to boot. The Goodyear HP's do not have sidewalls to fight off sharp objects.

A

avick

Goodyear Wrangler HP's suck. Sorry I can't be more PC than that.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also took the plunge, based on Nomad's reports( among others) and bought the Nittos online from Discount Tire. However, I bought the 255/55/18's to avoid rubbing, airing down the spare, etc. I lose 1/2' of ground clearance with the 55s, but the handling should be better (I just received the tires UPS and still need to get them mounted on my 1 week old 2005 SE). Anyone know anything about possibly recalibrating the speedo on the LR3?

K

KTMLC8

Roverine, I did contemplate that size for a while. I would like to see photos of your LR3 after they are on for a comparison.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do. It will take me a week or so to get them put on.

JimRoshan

Reaction score
Hey! What about 19" wheels? What can we do? I really dont want to replace my wheels. I want new tires - I HATE my Goodyear tires. I can't believe LR put this kind of crap on such a great ride!!

N

Nomad

Roverine,

With such a small difference in size you will not notice more then a 1 mph difference at speed. I'm maybe 2 mph off at 60 mph with the 285/60/R18. The navigation is more of concern but thanks to its ability to recalibrrate after "tyre change" it will be spot on. Enjoy them!

As far as the 19 inch wheel people...you do have a great tire option but its very pricey. Your only choice that I know of is to import the GoodYear MT/R 255/55/R19 which is still the stock diamter. I actually looked into this and found the entire process pretty easy. I called a tire store in london and they said they would ship them to me. I stopped promptly when I found out that the price was well over a couple grand for buying the 19 inch rims and brnging the tires. Now with the extra ground clearance I am much happier with the Nittos.

Cheers,
Nomad

K

KTMLC8

Nomad, I cannot seem to locate the thread that has all the details on getting into the Nav systems menus for calibrations. Could you lead me to it please?

JimRoshan

Reaction score
hey Nomad,

What tire store in London are you talking about. I would lolve to import something different than the crap I currently have on the truck.

N

Nomad

Sorry Jim just can't remember or dig up the e-mails. I just got online and searched for tire stores in London. From there I just started calling till I found one who can ship to the US. If they carry GoodYear then they carry the MTR in the 255/55/R19 size.

Goodluck and get ready to open that check book wide,
Nomad

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4