Off-Roading Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

The Northern CA Land Rover club had their monthly off-road outing in Hollister, CA yesterday and I wanted to share some photos/videos of my LR4 at this event. It was great fun and my LR4 did great - thanks to the members for their advice!

You can see my new front skid plate - getting the rest of my accessories installed this week - pictures to follow!

Here are a few photos:

LR4Club03_01_2012_50.png

LR4Club03_01_2012_48.png

LR4Club03_01_2012_47.png

LR4Club03_01_2012_22.jpg

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice man! I wish we had some place like that close to DC...

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

The Northern CA Land Rover club had their monthly off-road outing in Hollister, CA yesterday and I wanted to share some photos/videos of my LR4 at this event. It was great fun and my LR4 did great - thanks to the members for their advice!

You can see my new front skid plate - getting the rest of my accessories installed this week - pictures to follow!

Here are a few photos:

LR4Club03_01_2012_50.png

LR4Club03_01_2012_48.png

LR4Club03_01_2012_47.png

LR4Club03_01_2012_22.jpg

So did you actually go into the mud as it looks like you stop just short and your truck looks clean in the other photos? Eitherway, it looked like a lot of fun.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did you actually go into the mud as it looks like you stop just short and your truck looks clean in the other photos? Eitherway, it looked like a lot of fun.

Hey ourgrad,

Yes - I did go through the water, but it was not too bad..... The truck did get a bit muddy (not shown in the pictures), but nothing extreme. Hehe!

-David

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ourgrad,

Yes - I did go through the water, but it was not too bad..... The truck did get a bit muddy (not shown in the pictures), but nothing extreme. Hehe!

-David

Gotcha. Beautiful backdrop - love California. I wish we had hills like that. Keep the pics coming as it's always awesome to see our trucks doing their thing.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Beautiful backdrop - love California. I wish we had hills like that. Keep the pics coming as it's always awesome to see our trucks doing their thing.
ougrad1,

Yes, CA is an incredibly beautiful state. This is a state off-road vehicle park and has some beautiful views and terrain. I will definitely keep the pictures coming!

-David

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you go through the water deep, does the water get in through the door seals etc?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rostov,

No... I have only splashed through water that was somewhat deep, but NOTHING compared to some people. I have not been deep enough to test the door seals and don't plan to go that deep. I'm only a "moderate" off-roader. ;-)

-David

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe our trucks are water sealed up to 2-3 ft of water. Thats why the air intakes are on the side and further up. Check YouTube as there are tons of video showing lr4s going through creeks and steams. I have to do a search but there is on out there showing a Narza bronze just leisurely driving in a flowing stream where the water came up roughly half way up the door.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635