Off-Roading Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed it's 24" in regular height and 28" in raised height. Also, if you guys haven't seen it, there is a land rover quick start app for iPhone that is very helpful. It gives vehicle and year specific info on your truck regarding numerous features(warning lights, drive controls, terrain response...). Very helpful and another way to get how to info other than the manual.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe our trucks are water sealed up to 2-3 ft of water. Thats why the air intakes are on the side and further up. Check YouTube as there are tons of video showing lr4s going through creeks and steams. I have to do a search but there is on out there showing a Narza bronze just leisurely driving in a flowing stream where the water came up roughly half way up the door.
Well, I think technically you can go in all the way up to the air intakes. And if you install those Air Intake extensions, you can go even deeper. But it is higher then 24". So the question about leaking inside is still open.
Did anyone have a swim already??! :))

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an exert from an LR4 Review:

"The 2011 LR4's specifications list a "maximum wading depth" of 27.56 inches. That means it can "wade" through standing water that is 27.56 inches deep -- a level just under the headlights, almost to the top of the tires and nearly halfway up the tops of the doors -- without suffering mechanical failure or interior leakage."

Obviously, as you wade through water, it could slosh up the sides pretty high depending on speed..etc, but I'm guessing LR is giving these limits as a guaranteed height that ensures you don't get mechanical failures and leakage. I'm sure you can go up a little higher than mid way up the sides. I'm not sure I would test water above the window line even with an air intake extender though.

Here is a great video of our bad boy in some water
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4trub1DVc0

You should try out a higher limit and let us know ;-)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is an exert from an LR4 Review:

"The 2011 LR4's specifications list a "maximum wading depth" of 27.56 inches. That means it can "wade" through standing water that is 27.56 inches deep -- a level just under the headlights, almost to the top of the tires and nearly halfway up the tops of the doors -- without suffering mechanical failure or interior leakage."

Obviously, as you wade through water, it could slosh up the sides pretty high depending on speed..etc, but I'm guessing LR is giving these limits as a guaranteed height that ensures you don't get mechanical failures and leakage. I'm sure you can go up a little higher than mid way up the sides. I'm not sure I would test water above the window line even with an air intake extender though.

Here is a great video of our bad boy in some water
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4trub1DVc0

You should try out a higher limit and let us know ;-)
Awesome video!

I am not going to be the tester! :) Any volunteers?

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Finleyforprez,

You should start a new official lr4 off road picture thread that we should see if it could be a sticky at the top. That way, folks can just keep adding to it. I saw this on some other sites and the lr3 board.

Since you're the latest rover off roader, you could be the first. What do you think?

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Finleyforprez,

You should start a new official lr4 off road picture thread that we should see if it could be a sticky at the top. That way, folks can just keep adding to it. I saw this on some other sites and the lr3 board.

Since you're the latest rover off roader, you could be the first. What do you think?

I second that!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Finleyforprez,

Do you guys mean on this forum? So far I have only created a thread with pictures when I go off-roading. I'd love to have folks share more pictures! I am part of the N. CA Land Rover group and they have an awesome website where they share pictures! I posted lots of pictures there, but here i only posted pictures of my LR4.

Any thoughts???

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On this forum. My thought was the subject could be 'the official LR4 offroad picture thread' that could be a stick so anyone going forward can add a post with some pics.

Something like this:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16879
Hey ougrad1,

Got it now - that's a great idea! Some of those LR3 pics in the sample "sticky" thread you provided are unbelievable!!! Wow!!! Can any of us post a "sticky" - I will have to try it out and re-post some of my off-road pictures and most importantly invite others to post as well. That would be great!

Thanks for the great idea!

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635