Official 2014 Changes to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not like the new front, especially the recessed surround for the fog lights and smiley grill. I am not a fan of the LED lights on my 2013, but i dislike the LED strip even more.

However, i think i would like the 8 speed. Not sure about the start stop. I have never driven a car with it. I don't know if their is any minor hesitation on acceleration.

The wade sensor would be cool along with the look around corner cameras but i probably would not pay extra for them.

Overall, i think it is a wash for me with the better mechanicals offset by the less attractive front (IMO). But i would have to see it in person to know for sure. But i wont check it out because if i like it i would then begin to hate my 13. And right now i am very a happy with it.
I'm sure the new front end will grow on us. It is a little happy though, isn't it.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really like the color, a lot. I still would not have had the luxury to wait until March 2014 for delivery.

LR website says the V8 is dead and the press release is based out of Frankfurt, September 3, 2013.

http://www.landrover.com/au/en/lr/about-land-rover/news-overview/Fresh-design-discovery/

I believe this is as official as it gets.

TUE 03 SEPTEMBER 2013

- Exterior refresh with distinctive new face and new ‘Discovery’ badging
- New highly efficient 250kW 3.0 V6 S/C petrol engine replaces 5.0 V8
- Eight-speed ZF automatic transmission for all models
- Upgraded models available to order now with deliveries from March 2014

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the Australian LR website. I didn't see that release on the US site (but i didnt search too hard). The JD Power release specifically refers to the US.
JD are clueless. I hope I don't eat crow for saying that.:creep:

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the start stop. I have never driven a car with it. I don't know if their is any minor hesitation on acceleration.

Had it on my BMW. I liked it at the stop lights and the throttle tip in on restart was near instantaneous. I didn't like it when I put it in park and jumped out to get the mail - the car would completely shut itself off! It was a total pain in the A.S.S. (pun intended). I had it disabled the week after it arrived from Munich.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had it on my BMW. I liked it at the stop lights and the throttle tip in on restart was near instantaneous. I didn't like it when I put it in park and jumped out to get the mail - the car would completely shut itself off! It was a total pain in the A.S.S. (pun intended). I had it disabled the week after it arrived from Munich.
I wasn't too keen on A.S.S..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM