Oil Pan gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColorofKris

Reaction score
2003 Disco II 4.6L with 99600 miles (just saying)

Hey was looking to change out my oil pan gasket, my grandpa is a retired mechanic so hes gonna give me a hand replacing some of my bad gaskets. I have been researching and have seen alot of people say you have to lift out the engine a bit in order to get the pan and gasket and such out. Ive tried researching this more but couldn't find out why? I have a 3 in lift on the disco and also 2 inch cross member spacers on the cross member that runs under it. Would either of these help my cause? if not what is it that's in the way? On that note as well, what is some general advice about doing the gasket that would be good to know? I would appreciate the help thanks!

CBRacerX

Reaction score
2003 Disco II 4.6L with 99600 miles (just saying)

Hey was looking to change out my oil pan gasket, my grandpa is a retired mechanic so hes gonna give me a hand replacing some of my bad gaskets. I have been researching and have seen alot of people say you have to lift out the engine a bit in order to get the pan and gasket and such out. Ive tried researching this more but couldn't find out why? I have a 3 in lift on the disco and also 2 inch cross member spacers on the cross member that runs under it. Would either of these help my cause? if not what is it that's in the way? On that note as well, what is some general advice about doing the gasket that would be good to know? I would appreciate the help thanks!

Subscribed. I'm about to take on this job also.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The engine does not need to be removed.
Make sure you clean out the pan/sludge and pick-up tube.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635