On the subject of warranties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you purchased an extended warranty with your LR4? I am considering a 6 year / 100K extended.

And are there any gotchas with the standard warranty (anything you were surprised to find out wasn't covered)?

Thanks. I have reached the "think about the warranty" stage, so I am getting close.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Third party warranties are notoriously vague, and LR factory backed extended warranties don't exist, as far as I know. Make sure whatever warranty you get is "exclusionary", i.e. it clearly spells out what is NOT covered

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My parents bought one for their RRS from their LR dealer when new in 2007 and are just about to come to its end...just replaced both diffs, transfer case, and air compressor in the last three weeks (43k miles)..well worth the money, but they had a "good salesperson" who told them no BS and got them a good package..not sure who its underwritten by but LR of Naples takes it and has done all the last work for $100 out of pocket.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That may very well be. My point was that you can't get that extended, 6y/100k coverage on a vehicle you purchased as new, it's only available on a CPO.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember a post about this a while back - wasn't there an extended warranty people really liked that was actually through Ford or something?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90